Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Joe Fresh Nail Polish Swatches Part 2

Hi guys!

Since I've started blogging, the number one search item to find my blog has been Joe Fresh nail polish. I've decided to add a part 2 to my orginal post with some of Joe Fresh's more recent releases. Most of these have been used as bases on other manicures already displayed on the blog.


Joe Fresh Fluo Blue






My only complaint with Furo Blue
 Wow-oh-WOW! Lets start this swatchfest right! This is truly a neon blue, not just a bright blue. My camera went hay-wire taking these photos, and got pixelated, but once I loaded them on the computer they looked fine. The formula was good on this, and lasted 3 days before I removed it. I used this as my base HERE.




Joe Fresh Lime Juice

A neon green JELLY! A very interesting polish this is 3 coats, and it went on smoothly. The formula was slightly runny, but nothing that caused any problems.  These pictures are shaded because in the light the polish looked washed out, and I could not get a true to shade photograph. Lime Juice is really a neon :). I used it HERE.


Joe Fresh Neon Pink
Like the name suggests, Joe Fresh Neon Pink, is a neon pink. This polish has very little going for it in my opinion. I chose this polish to wear when I went away for a weekend, but sadly Neon Pink didn't even last the first afternoon & started chipping in the car ride. The formula was streaky, and seemed to have settling issues because I thought it was about 4 shades lighter when I brought it. I gave it a good long shake, only for the pigment to settle again later that day. The ballz in my bottle keep getting stuck in the pigment sludge that gathers at the bottom too. Complete dud polish in my opinion. This is 3 coats with Seche Vite, no nail art with this shade.

Moving on...


Joe Fresh Papaya

I've showed you guys a swatch of Papaya in part 1  and wore it as a manicure HERE but I loved it so much I had to add it again in part 2.  Its so easy to apply, its so shiny, the colour rocks... I just can't get enough of it. These photos were taken on an overcast day. All I can say is if you see Papaya, get it! you will not be disappointed.


Joe Fresh Putty
Joe Fresh Putty, a little bit lighter than your run of the mill taupe-y purple shade. This one is light, clean, has a great formula and its undertone played nicely with my skin shade. I dented my pinkie right after applying top coat, I just re-applied another coat but that's why it may look a tad streaky. You can see Putty used HERE



Joe Fresh Pineapple
Joe Fresh Pineapple with Papaya
Pineapple is a discontinued shade, I got it on clearance for $2.00. Its a bright yellow with a small amount of barely noticeable shimmer, you can see it best in the first picture on my index finger. Its a good shade for summer especially this year with all the brights/neons popping up everywhere. Formula was ok, considering it's a yellow I'll give it a thumbs up. You can see how I used Pineapple HERE



Joe Fresh Onyx
Onyx for all intents and purposes is a black nail polish, but upon closer inspection we can see that it's actually a deep blue/grey. It was streaky on the first coat but completely opaque by the 2nd, no application issues with this polish. Full manicure coming soon.



Joe Fresh Denim


Joe Fresh Denim is a beautiful saturated deep blue creme, it doesn't read as a denim blue to me though. Its a very glossy nail polish, these pictures have a top coat, but only for the quick dry properties. The formula was like Onyx above, went on streaky for the first coat and evened out by the second. This baby is a stainer!  I believe this polish to be discontinued.



Joe Fresh Jade
Joe Fresh Jade, a wonderful jewel toned green creme. These swatches have no top coat, as I added another top coat (for another post). Please don't mind the dented pinkie! The formula on this one was dreamy and has decent drying time. Jade is a good name for this regal shade!

Like all brands there are hits and misses, but over all I do like the Joe fresh brand of nail polish, for $10 you can get 3 bottles of trendy shades with a workable formula. Defiantly worth a go if you see a shade you're interested in or been meaning to try (ie blues and greens are especially great from Joe).

I hope you enjoyed these swatches! I'll be back in the ABC Challenge tomorrow! :)

10 comments:

  1. All of them are so pretty and bright if I had to pick a Dave it would be the blue though I love the orange and yellow mix you did as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Joe has a pretty big np selection, and I'm glad they do :)

      Delete
  2. They all are gorgeous, I think my favorite has to be Fluo Blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shade is great! I also love it, its so bright!

      Delete
  3. You know, you really know how to rock these Joe shades... I have a few and I'm still not sold on the brand... and then with each one of your swatches I think "oooh, I could totally add this to my collection"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some capitol "L" Losers from Joe, but for the most part I like their offerings. My biggest recomendation especialy for you is Papaya, that colour is one of my top 3 for summer.

      Delete
  4. Fluo Blue is my favorite as well. Looks stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think Blue could not be neon, until I got this Fluo Blue that is. Its so bright! And bonus, it had a pretty good formula too!

      Delete
  5. omg!! I've been on the search to the edge of the earth and back for neon blue!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem! I hope it doesn't let you down! As a owner of a number of bright blues, I can say Fluo Blue is the only actual neon blue I own.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...