Friday, 27 July 2012

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Garnet Lapis

FIRDAY!! Yeah!

Hi everyone!

I got another Nail Prism for you guys, Garnet Lapis. I placed an ad on Freecycle last year and would you believe that one lady gave not 1, not 2, but 3 different Nail Prisms duochromes! That basically paid for the gas I used to go pick up the polish.

Anyways I won't waste another precious second that could be better spent polish gazing:
Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Garnet Lapis
This is 5 coats on its own. Garnet Lapis is extremely sheer, but I wanted to see the colour shift & how it would look built up instead of just layered over black or dark nail polish. Now that I tried it once, I will be forever using it over a darker polish! It took forever to dry and it kept pulling the layer under it. Plus I don't want to waste a drop of this gift from the polish gods.

Sorry for the funny pose, I gotta get the colour shift somehow!
Ok sorry for the ridiculous hand poses, but I was really trying to get the duochrome effect. Garnet Lapis is my choice for "G" in the ABC Challenge.

 I was a little disappointed that it never dried on the bottom layers, so when my younest son woke up, the whole things just slid off. Well at least it gave me an excuse to do my "H" mani right after I calmed my baby down. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. OHMG this is BEAUTIFUL, it was an instant lemming until I read the 5 coats part - but gorgeous nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been better if I painted this over a dark blue/purple/black. If you ever see this PICK IT UP!! lol Thank You Maria!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I know what you mean about trying to get the shifts in color. I have Models Own Aqua Violet that looks like this and it was so hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most polishes just look better in real life... and Colour shifts are plain impossible to caputre!

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous!!! I don't think I've seen an ugly Sally nail prisms polish yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha agree! I don;t think there is one :)

      Delete
  4. I have this... been waiting for fall to wear it... it is SO FREAKING GORGEOUS! The dark duochromes are something else. Tell me you got Turquoise Opal in those three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't wait! Put it on RIGHT NOW! :) I know duochromes (formula issues aside) they are one of me favourite finishes.

      Delete
  5. Karen, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!

    http://valiantlyvarnished.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also nominated you for a blog award!

    http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/blog-awards_2.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...