Monday, 20 August 2012

Cult Nails Swanbourne

Hello everyone!

I hope your Monday is off to a good start!

Today I have another lovely Cult Nails shade for you called Swanbourne. Its a delicious olive brown with large golden shimmer particles within. I found the formula of this polish to be just a wee bit thick for my taste, but not problematic. Three coats were needed for complete coverage, it dried quickly, shiny and smooth. Its my tribute to the Hunger Games ABC Challenge for the letter S.


Cult Nails Sawnbourne
Stamped with Konad Plate M57 (seriously the best plate) & Essie Good as Gold, then I covered up most of my mistakes with Sparitual Undercurrent (which I just happened to have handy, because letter U is creeping up on me). Next  I sponged on OPI Bring on the Bling! (the exclamation mark is part of the name, I'm not yelling at you lol). I seemed to have forgotten how dense the Burlesque glitters really are, because if you look at my thumb, that's where I had the *brilliant* idea to try and paint a little on... ummm no, way to packed. I ended up sponging.




I should have taken a picture, but I used my right hand as stamping practice so I can get a feel of how a stamp will look with the base, how I'd like to position it on my nail, plus it give me a good warm up before I do my left hand (aka picture hand) :P I usually ended up with 2-3 different designs.

Thanks for reading guys, have a great week!




Karen

14 comments:

  1. This Cult polish is lovely =D I'm looking forward to receiving my order soon xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should be! I've been very happy with what I ordered so far :)

      Delete
  2. The sponging add just that little extra to take this mani to a new level, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Maria! I'm glad you said that too becuase I know of a certian blogger who is very very talented at incorperating glitter/sponging in her looks :) ;)wink wink nudge nudge

      Delete
  3. That looks so neat how you did the glitter on the edge! Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty!!! :D I'm your newest follower YAY! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashesela! Welcome & Thank you for following! and thanks for you kind words too!

      Delete
  5. This looks great!!! Swanbourne is still sitting in my untrieds file... I will have to whip it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do that now :)! Its more than just dark brown like my pictures show, its semi jelly, and very shiny.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. :D thanks! Sometimes its hard to know when to stop, but I am glad that this turned out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...