Monday, 13 August 2012

Essie Over The Top

I think I might be on a bit of a fall/vampy shades kick, because I have another dark one for you today: Essie Over The Top.

The first time I saw Over The Top, I knew I wanted it. I passed it up because I knew I had something similar. One day I just bought it, and "that-something-similar" (Sally Hansen Gun Metal) I mentioned previously, found a new home with the 11yr old girl that lives across the street... Problem solved. :) I added some large glitter pieces kindly given to me from Marta from Chit Chat Nails in iridescence, and green... but it all looked green on the nail.

Essie Over The Top


I wish I snapped a picture of Over The Top before I added the glitter toppers. It's a great dark charcoal polish with silver shimmer that strangely seems to stand out and blend in at the same time. It was a bit sheer and 3 coats of polish was needed. I likely could have worn 2, but I felt there was some depth lacking, and added the 3rd coat.


Over The Top is my "O" in the ABC Challenge.





I hope everyone had a refreshing weekend and is ready to take on Monday! (and I promise that my "P" won't be another vampy shade)

Bye for now X


Karen

10 comments:

  1. I think dark colors are good once a while during the summer too, and this mani is very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree totally with you! Wear what you feel like wearing on your nails. For me what I feel like wearing is typically influenced by the weather... But I guess lately I felt a need for a vamp! Thank you Maria!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It really was shiney in the sun too, but impossible to capture. It was a fun look to wear,but better suited to a night out, instead of looking after kids all day though ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I love those greenish hex glitters on the Over The Top background. So sparkly and shiny and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was very shiney in the sun... I believe The Nailasaurus called them gleequins (glitter / sequins).

      Delete
  4. Omg, omg, I just ordered these glitters!!! I can't wait to get them now, they look awesome on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!! they are very easy to work with and look about 100 times better in person, I cannot wait to see what you creat!

      Delete
  5. Awesome, Karen! These look like those patterns in the geometrical comprehension parts of IQ tests.... Well, much cooler than those, actualleh. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love your comparision! Thanks Liesl!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...