Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Cult Nails Untamed with Orly Bailamos

Hey guys!

Notice anything different? Yep I got a new blog design :) I set a goal of 100 followers & thanks to all you guys I reached it, and I rewarded my-self with a new template. In case you're curious I got it from 17Avenue Designs Etsy shop. I actually found out about her from a contest she held on The Paper Mama (which, as an aside, is probably one of the sweetest blogs in the world). I looked up other blog designers but, kept coming back to 17 Avenue. They have a lot of really nice blogger templates, it was so hard to pick one, in the end I went with the splatter because it kinda fits my blogs theme.

And speaking of my blogs theme... lets get to the polish! Today I have what I'm calling Matthews picks. (For those who don't know, Matt is my oldest son at 4yrs old) I asked him to go pick me 2 colours and he returns with 2 glitters for layering (Lac Attack Butterfly Kisses & Claires Bedazzled)*sigh* So I asked him to grab me one with no sparkles, he comes back with Cult Nails Untamed... which is the EXACT same pink as Lac Attack Butterfly Kiss... geez at that point I knew I would have to dig around to find one colour to tie Matthews choices together. I landed on Orly Bailamos asked the great Matthew for his nod of aproval, which he graciously granted.

Of course I did have to pay a little bit of homage to the creative director of this look... Scorpions and spiders it is!
Cult Nails Untamed with Orly Bailamos


Polishes used in Order:
Thumb: Cult Nails Untamed with Claires Bedazzled
Index: Cult Nails Untamed stamped with Konad White & MASH Nail plate
Middle: Cult Nails Untamed stamped with Konad White & MASH Nail plate
Ring: Orly Bailamos with Lac Attack Butterfly Kisses
Pinky: Cult Nails Untamed with Claires Bedazzled


I had a bit of drag over the stamped image, but it was barely noticeable in real life. And now that I'm starting to use XL size pictures it seems like its punching me right in the face!

Needless to say I love how the insects looked with the really girly and glittery look. The MASH plates also have a wasp/bee that I wish I had a spare nail for.

I ended up wearing this manicure to my nieces 2nd birthday party, which I think is very fitting.



Did you guys know that I look forward to Wednesday every week? Yep its true! well actually Wednesday night... 8:00 to be exact, because that's when So You Think You Can Dance is on for 2 full hours! I get so into it. I watched the first 2 seasons then stopped, and I picked up again in season 9. Sometimes I let Matthew watch the first few dances before sending him to bed. I can't believe how good the dancers are!

Will you be watching SYTYCD? I hope so! Because honestly its so good!

Thanks for reading!


Karen

13 comments:

  1. LOL happy birthday to Matt - he did a great job of choosing, even if it made mom dig a bit LOL - so fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thant kids makes me work I tell ya! :)

      Delete
  2. Scary and beautiful. That does not happen much ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This manicure is AWESOME AND this blog layout /header is awesome!!!!
    Well done my Friend! To MANY MANY MANY MORE awesome looks and blog successes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! I'm glad you like it... thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  4. Those colors are gorgeous! And the spider-eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the insects vs pink/glitter combo! Brilliant! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award - sorry if you've been nominated before or aren't keen on blog awards :) x
    http://caznpolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great I'll be by to check it out. I'm glad you liked the look :)

      Delete
  6. Your post made me laugh all the way. Matthew has good taste and a super mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...