Saturday, 1 September 2012

OPI Skittles & Braided

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of post the last few days! I just got busy, and one night when I had time/plans to write up my post I accidentally fell asleep (fully dressed, on top of blankets) while putting my youngest down. Oh well! Better late than never.

Today I have a different post than what I had originally planned, but I wanted to get it out here before it got forgotten, because I am beginning another challenge in a few days (hurry and sign up if interested).  I have OPI skittles with a braided mani, I followed the super simple tutorial from Lucy's Stash as well as the one from Swatch and Learn. Both of these are great tutorials and very easy to read and follow. I used OPI Funky Dunkey, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Did It On Em'. I liked how these shades looked together:

OPI Funky Dunkey, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Did It On Em'
Next time I try a braided mani, I will pass on using OPI, their brushes are way too thick to use on an angle. I got cuticle flooding with every swipe. These polishes also required multiple coats to be opaque.




Will you be trying the braided look? If you do, be sure to grab polish with a thin brush, and a one coater if possible.

Thanks for reading, have a great long weekend everyone!


Karen

6 comments:

  1. I love how you've combined the colours in this :) And a very successful braid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I took a pic pre-clean up... It was messy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I am really happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  3. You've done a great job. Even though you had a little trouble with the wider brushes, I couldn't tell. The results are perfect! Great colour choices, too. It's really bright and fun.

    Thanks for the shout-out, by the way. I'm glad that you found my tutorial helpful! Thanks for sharing your manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! Thank you for your kind words and visiting my little blog :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...