Monday, 10 September 2012

Where In The World Challenge: Australia

Hello!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I know I sure did! I spent Saturday afternoon with my family, painting my moms and sisters nails, plus I go to play with my sisters brand new puppy!! My sister named her Belle and she is just unbelievably adorable.

Belle approx 10 weeks old

And if that's not fun enough, on Sunday I got to meet a whole bunch of nail bloggers that live in the same area. I am bubbling over with stuff to talk about from our meet up, but I want to save it for a separate post. I will say that there was delicious food, lots of sweets, plenty talking and of course nail polish!

But today is the start of another challenge, the Where In The World Challenge being put on by Life In Color and Superficially Colorful . Here's what the challenge looks like:

As you can see day one is Australia. I had wonderful plans to do something flag, or Sydney Opera House inspired... but nothing, and I mean nothing came to me. The longer I sat, the more I thought about how little I know of Australia, and  the Suvivorman with the dead sheep kept running through my mind. Soooo with that, I give you my Australia inspired mani:
OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys, OPI Deutsche You Want Me Baby & Gold striper polish


I guess I was going for an outback/tribal look. To be honest the whole look didn't sit well with me, I don't know if it was the colours together, my design, or my nail-art mind-block, but I just didn't love it.

Next country is Canada, and I really hope I can pull something decent together!

11 comments:

  1. I think this is very cool! I love the colors you used together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours you used - a very original combination))) I'm probably going to post mine tomorrow now! PS have never heard of the show, but after watching the clip on youtube, will have to get the full episodes))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Karen!!! I mean WOW!!! This is OUTSTANDING!!!! The tribal stuff hasn't even crossed my mind, I love how creative you are!!!! This looks absolutely beautiful!!!!
    And I just CANNOT wait to find out all about your meetup!!! I'm so jealous!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful choice of colors, and the puppy is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool challenge! Can't wait to see all your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle is a beautiful puppy - and I love your mani too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I think it's a great mani and I think the puppy is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool and LOVE LOVE LOVE the puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, Karen! Great colors and soooo creative! And, your sister's leetle puppy is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this looks really cool!! And what an adorable little pup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colors together and I also like the variety of the design. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...