Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Go Pink Wednesday: Breast Cancer Awareness

Good Morning,

Sorry I took a bit of a hiatus for a few days, sometimes life just comes before blogging. But I'm back :)

For this edition of GPW: Breast Cancer Awareness, I have the OPI Pink Of Hearts duo to show you guys. Its actually my sisters and she left it at my house to try them out... Thanks T!! :D

Ok let me just start by saying that I LOVE the glitter in this duo! It seemed to be exceptionally glittery and reflective. At first I didn't like the large dark pink hex glitter randomly mixed it, but once on the nail it all made sense. I used 3 coats of OPI Think In Pink, and painted in gradient style OPI You Glitter Be Good To Me (why do I feel like that should be a name in one of the Kardashian Collections?). Next I stamped using Essie Good As Gold and MASH Plate 49 on the base of my nail.



While I had OPI Think In Pink at my house, my sister and I thought that it looked very similar to OPI Pink Friday (from the Nicki Minaj Collection):

OPI TIP: Think In Pink, OPI PF: Pink Friday

While very similar in colour, they are different on the nail. OPI Pink Friday is a creme finish nail polish that is completely opaque and has a "white" effect on your nail. Meanwhile OPI Think In Pink is a jelly that still shows VNL (visible nail line) after 3 coats. I personally think there's no point owning both (well... unless you own TIP to get the glitter it comes with! Then I tots understand), it comes down to your preference of jelly finish or creme finish.

That's all for today! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Karen

9 comments:

  1. I love this! so cute especially with the glitter<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amigad! That is so cute! I love it! Fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! You did a beautiful job. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did the tipin the glitter instead of all over the nail... This year's duo is so pretty. I love the purple in the glitter. Looks awesome, kid <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...