Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Go Pink Wednesday: Breast Caner Awareness

Hi guys,

Welcome back for the 2nd Go Pink Wednesday. Thank you all for your kind words on my first GPW post. For those who don't know, every Wednesday in the month of October, a big group of bloggers are posting pink nails (and non-bloggers can too!) as a show of support for people affected by breast cancer. If want to include your link/photo, you can do so below :)

I used Zoya Barbie as the base, Essie No Place Like Chrome, Sparitual Poppy, OPI Gone Gonzo. I stamped with MASH Plate 29 using Essie No Place Like Chrome.
 
You may recognise the skully accents from this post. That's because I originally did them for this GPW look, and kept them on for the one using Floam.
 
 
I like fun and cute looking skulls, but these ones from the MASH plates look real, and not very fun in my opinion... like they are too anatomy correct and vacant looking. Maybe I'm a big baby, but I want fun looking skulls, not dead looking skulls. Now that I got that minor detail off my chest, I like how the pink and skulls look together :)
 
If you need a tutorial on how to create the braided look I followed both the one by Lucys Stash and Swatch and Learn. Both of these are well written, easy to follow and have great pictures!
 
If you have a pink manicure please post it below! :)
 


Thanks for reading! Have a great day :)

Karen

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. whoo! Thanks! I'm glad you like them :)

      Delete
  2. LOL..."not dead looking skulls". They look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're dead to me! *said in an over-dramatic tone of voice* :) Thank you Essie!!

      Delete
  3. So cute, I love how sweet yet super sassy this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Julie! :) I love how you described this looK!

      Delete
  4. Oh This looks Great!
    I love the Fishtail braid nails and the two nails with THE stamped skulls ..
    It's like perfect :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoooo to chevron nails!!!! Yours turned out sooo pretty!
    I want to try... I'm too chicken.
    LOL, this skully is quite real looking... I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The braids were great and the skulls just added that extra bit to push this into awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous and sinister at the same time - great job x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the braids! I keep meaning to try this, but haven't yet! Looks great on you :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful I want to try this nail art one day!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the anatomically correct skulls looked kind of awesome. ;) The whole thing looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't all skulls "dead"?? Lol. None the less, I like the color combos you used. I need to try the braided look. It's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stripes are awesome. Very well executed. I love this.. everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you combines the fish tale (looks amazing btw!!!!) and the 'dead skulls' LOL :))). I like the 'dead' skulls better I think :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...