Monday, 29 October 2012

Guest Post: Marta From Chit Chat Nails

Hi guys!

Today is my very first day back at work full time. For the past year I've been on maternity leave, looking after my youngest son, Isaac. But like they say all good things come to an end, now I'm starting a new path by returning to work and balancing life with 2 children. Since I knew I would be pressed for time these first weeks, I asked some really great bloggers to help me out.

To kick off my guest post parade we have Marta from Chit Chat Nails. Over this last year Marta has become a good friend to me both through blogging and in real life. One thing (of many things) I will miss when I go back, is having playdates with our kids while we have a good old fashioned chit chat!...heehee... get it? (I may or may not be smiling over my own joke right now)

Let's see what awesomeness Marta is loaning my blog today :D
******
Hello Lovely Ladies,
My name is Marta and I run the little nail-art blog called ChitChat Nails.
Karen has asked me to come up with a guest post while she adjust from maternity leave to the busy-schedule of back-to-work mommy. Karen has become a really REALLY great friend to me. You see, Karen and my husband Peter actually work for the same company (small world right!?!?). We have had a number of occasions to get together, and I look forward to each visit. I gotta tell ya, Karen is an INCREDIBLE Woman and I am honoured to be given the chance to post on her blog!!!

When preparing a post, I thought I would create a look that reflects 'my style' as well as pays a tribute to the stylish-momma that Karen is :D

I started out with three coats of Duri "Hawaiian Honeymoon" (a pinky-coral cream)... mmmh, I love me a soft pink/coral cream. Even though the cold Canadian months are upon us, I still venture to wear some pastels (a bright break from the vampy shades) ;)

For the pinky I applied two coats of the brand new Nicole by OPI "All is Glam, All is Bright". I painted my ring finger with OPI "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" (only the best off-white ever ;) ), and stamped using China Glaze "Sci-Fi" and Bundle Monster BM-314. I used the dotting tool with the Nicole by OPI glitter to add a little bit of sparkly interest to the stamped design.
That is it from me today :D
Karen, I wish you a smooth transition, and I know that if anyone can do it all (juggle work, children, blogging, etc) it is you! ;)

Do YOU sport the skittles look or do you tend to paint your nails all the same?
Will you wear pastels in the fall/winter months?
THANK YOU FOR READING!
*****
Thank you Marta for sharing your talent on my blog! You truly are a stamping queen! I also love the multiple accent nail look (recently dubbed Skittlettes) you work like no one else can. Its now one of my favourite looks to wear and you are totally responsible for that! And another big YES! I plan on wearing pastels in the winter, especially certain "off-white" shades ;)

Thanks again Marta! Its an honour to have you posting for me!

If by some small chance you have not been to Marta's blog yet, click HERE

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Wow! So pretty - Marta always knocks it out of the park - perfect skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. Very classy but fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty! this pink coral shade is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous I love pastels but being so pale I really struggle to pull them off just looked like they blend in LOL!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO Marta! Stamping, lovely soft (yes bright-ish) colors and a hint of sparkle. Love it! I'm really glad she introduced me to this blog, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why the next piece of advice is so important:. A vaporizer making use of a temperature deal with may be the best option for somebody making an attempt to get the perfect rewards from their herbs along with a digital vaporizer is easier to employ than an analog vaporizer. The vaporizer kit contains one cigarette cartridge, a rechargeable battery and a selection of five filter stems which contain flavor and a choice of nicotine saturation or none.

    Look at my web blog best vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true that this Storz & Bickel creation is much costlier than many of the cheap vaporizers available on the market; but spending money for buying this unit will not leave you disappointed. But, before any of that takes place I'll have to get through the South’s summer monthsbeing pregnant.
    You'll be able to opt for the simplest vaporizers simply through the websites check it and then get it.

    My web page ... volcano vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brain is the central commanding post of any human activity;
    an individual brain's capacity and development dictates how well an individual carries out issues relating to life. Remember if you have children or pets they may try to play in, or drink from, the water bowl. In technical terms, the oscilloscope is used to describe the shape of the wave made by the current being examined.

    my web-site: portable Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  9. After this, you should ensure that the herbs are heated up and then the vapor is inhaled.
    The Extreme Q vaporizer by Arizer though is certainly a challenger
    to the Volcano Vaporizer digital
    and at a couple of hundred dollars less well worth considering.
    And slowly one day you would also be into ashes as you smoked more
    than the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tobacco-leading preventable cause of premature death.
    Most residents of Oakland, California recognize the benefits their city would
    reap from legalizing marijuana to tax and regulate sales.

    It's obvious that prostitution, whether legal or not, is going to occur.

    Feel free to visit my web-site :: Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try to change positions frequently, as remaining in one position may irritate or make
    hemorrhoids worsen. Many Plains and Mississippi River Valley
    locations have winds from almost due north. Well, if it is causing one to not get a full
    night's sleep, it might be.

    Feel free to visit my weblog Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is usually okay to send lube with the fake vagina, failed to displace any semen at all.

    We woke up and she gave me again female harmone injection
    and it would have been killed during that war. Seven-month-old Ayanna Julbe went on a rampage against these corrupt and degenerate aristocracy going out of
    town, she drives it about and drives us about to clubs etc.
    The Khaled El-Masri rendition case has been the political fallout?



    My web-site mens sex toys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...