Friday, 5 October 2012

I Won A Contest!

Hi Everyone!

Happy glorious Friday!!!! This post is coming to you a bit late, but better late then never (plus I passed out after putting Isaac to sleep)!

A little while ago, my friend and blogger Gosia from Life In Color held a nail art contest for an office appropriate look. In the description she said " Think of a 'hip office', not necessarily old conservative grandmas, but young and older professionals." With that in mind I created this look:

I used China Glaze Innocence as my base, China Glaze For Audrey on the side, China Glaze Fairy Dust painted on in the corner. The stamp is MASH plate 37 and Konad Special White.

I was honoured to win the readers choice prize, where the lovely readers of Gosia blog voted for their favourite. (Thanks you guys!! :D :D)

SOOooo! I won a bottle of the much sought after Floam!! ( have you guys tried to BUY a bottle? You need to be at Ninja Polish the second the e-mail notification goes out!) Needless to say I was never there. Annnd now i won one! SCORE! :)  THANK YOU GOSIA! <3

My Winnings <3
One thing that I was very surprised to see what how blue it actually is! I thought it was green and yellow, but check out this close up:
How cool is this shade?!?! :D
And I did A quick NOTD using it:
Halloween or.... Easter??--- wah?
I used here: Zoya Barbie, Zoya Pippa (fave yellow!), and Essie Who Is The Boss. Topped off with OPI Gone Gonzo (Thumb & Ring), Ninja Polish Floam, and stamped with MASH Plate 29 using Essie No Place Like Chrome.




Such a cool shade!

Thank you so much Gosia!

Have you guys ever won any contests? This is my second, my first was a bottle of The Bunny Code by Lynnderella on Sparkly Vernis. It was a random draw and I was so over the moon when I was contacted :)

Have a great weekend... Oh yeah! I almost forgot, Happy Thanksgiving to any Canadian readers :)

Karen

22 comments:

  1. hey!
    tetszika really nails what you did, both of them!
    Congrats to!
    The green color of the varnish is nice!
    Welcome. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so happy to get the e-mail :D I am glad you like both of the looks! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Aww, congratulations, that was so nice for you, and you got yourself a really nice prize!
    Lovely mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yOU :) I am pleased as punch to win floam, and beyond flattered that the readers voted for my look! I can't wait to see what else is in store for my bottle of Floam :)

      Delete
  3. Yay Karen!!!! That was soo deserved!!! I'm so glad you like your Floam!!! It looks great 'sprinkled' over your tips!!! Thanks so much again for participating in my contest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for hosting the nail art contest! I was estactic when I won floam :D Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete
  4. wow :)) congrats! your nail design for the competition is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I LOVE that office appropriate mani! Congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH congratulations!!! Its such a beautiful manicure so glad that you won!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks!! It was my first time winning an actual contest!!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! great office appropriate mani and great mani with ninja polish!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to go with a really fun look... maybe to off-set the office appropriate one? :P

      Delete
  8. Congrats!!!!! Well deserved win! You really use this stamp so well :)

    Now I know who to borrow a drop or two of Floam fro
    !? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Marta! It is actualy my most-est favourite-est spamp eva!!! I love it :) Anytime you need floam its here! My polish is your polish friend :)

      Delete
  9. New reader here ^_^/
    Congratulations, that's a really cool office style manicure!
    Love how you used floam on your nails as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That manicure is dreamy, it takes me away to a vintage era, you deserve that Floam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the mani you did, deserved to win ;) congrats on the win!! ENJOY IT :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your competition win. The office appropriate nails are just gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...