Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Guest Poster: Liesl From Liesl Love Pretty Things

Hey Everyone!
 
Do you feel better now that Monday is outta the way? I think I do! I try not to let the "Monday hype" get to me, but it does! I used to have a teacher in college that explained away all manufacturing or product defects as "It was made first thing on Monday morning or last on Friday afternoon"... yep! Pretty much sums up my operating efficiency!
 
I am super excited to show you guys today's guest poster! Liesl from Liesl Love Pretty Things. I have to admit that this post *almost* didn't happen thanks to a screw up on my part, and Liesl wrote up an ENTIRE new post!! How awesome is that??!?! I am beyond thankful to get not just 1 but 2 really great posts. I really enjoy Liesls easy going and fun attitude towards nail polish and make-up, but  also that she won't shy away from a down-to-earth, frank and honest discussion.
 
I'm excited to see what I get spolied with today :) 
 
********
Hello hello!  I'm Liesl from Liesl Loves Pretty Things.  Karen and I have done two challenges and this past October's Breast Cancer Awareness event together, and I've learned that she's not only got some gorgeous manis, but she's a pretty neat gal, too.  So when she asked me to guest post for her, I naturally said yes.

I'm just loving teal this season, and I've had the gorgeous Frida from Zoya's Gloss collection sitting around, waiting to be made spectacular.  The color reminds me of dark, icy wintergreen, and now that it's November, it seems highly appropriate (despite the 70 degrees we had yesterday, lol... but anyway...).  My very favorite collection of 2012 is OPI's New York City Ballet, and the beautiful glittery overcoat of the group, Pirouette My Whistle, seemed like a natural accompaniment to Frida. 




Two rights make an even better right, lol.  I just love these two together, they look so deep and dark and wintry gorgeous, like a clear winter's night, or a pond frozen over and sparkling under the stars. ;)
The Zoya Glosses are SUPER sheer, even for jellies, and just perfect for layering.  I used three coats of Frida, then one coat Pirouette My Whistle, and one more coat of Frida on top  The formula's on both are perfect, the easiest things to work with, ever, no acetone or cleanup brush required.

Thank you for reading, and have an amazing day!!
 


*******
 
What a pretty combination! I am kicking my self for not grabbing Fredia when I saw it was Trade Secrets a few weeks ago!Is there anything Pirouette My Whistle doesn't make better? I have to shamefully admit that I have still never done a jelly sandwich. I love the way they look, so I don't know why I haven't made the leap.
 
Thank you so much for your post Liesl! I know how hard it is to write one post let alone TWO extras, I really appreciate it! Please go check out her awesome blog HERE.
 
 
Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!
 
 
Karen.

24 comments:

  1. This is fantastic - so beautiful! Lovely sandwich))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty layering, gives a vibe of winter and snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! I'm glad you see it, too :)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love Jelly sandwiches!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and me, too! I feel like this one's on the more elegant side o' the sandwich spectrum. ;)

      Delete
  4. beautiful combo of green and glitter for layering - great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari :) I just think they're so pretty together. Um, go me!! lol.

      Delete
  5. Liesl you made me like those glossy polishes for the first time. This is pretty and you described it perfectly. Minty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? Saweet!! I'm pretty sure I need to go back and get the blackberry/wine colored one, myself... ;)

      Delete
  6. I really like it!!! Love the subtleness of Pirouette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mani.. really pretty and you changed my mind about Pirouette haha need that now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgie? I can't wait to wear it again!

      Delete
  9. Pirouette My Whistle is my (right now) go to glitter to sandwich with. And when Zoya brought out these gels, I almost could not wait till they got to me so I could pull them in with Pirouette! I get sooo many compliments when I wear this duo! It's just classy looking and yet so modern too! Great photos. Mine never have come out this good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never done a sandwich with it until this mani, not even with the other NYC Ballet polishes. I'm not surprised you get so many compliments on this duo, it truly is gorgeous. <3 And thank you for the lovely compliment. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my, what a gorgeous combination! I have both polishes, so I will definitely have to try this out. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It's fun to look at, lol ;)

      Delete
  11. This is a brilliant combination. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I came from Liesl blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy, I'm so glad you like it :) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...