Monday, 5 November 2012

Happy Monday!
 
How was your weekend? Did you remember to turn back your clocks Saturday night? Jon did the ones in our house, which is lucky because I forgot... Oh and no one told the baby, so we were up at 5:30-ish Sunday morning! FUN! :) Anyways Jon took Matthew (my oldest son) fishing and I got to have a lovely day with my baby Isaac. We baked pumpkin squares...want one?
 
Speaking of baking, guess who today's guest blogger is?! Essie Rae from i<3PrettyPolish . She runs a great nail polish blog which features some awesome nail polish (is there really any other kind?), comparisons, and only the most amazing homemade and hand decorated cakes ever! Here's the one she posted this Saturday 
 
Lets see what Essie Rae has for us today:
 
*******
Hello! This is Essie Rae and I live over at iHeartPrettyPolish.com. I was honored when Karen asked me to do a guest post for her. I enjoy reading Nail Call and love seeing Karen's nail art. I'm always so impressed because I haven't taken the plunge with nail art yet...I'm too nervous, but it's tempting when I see what Karen comes up with.



I would like to share Zoya Natty with you. I bought this during one of Zoya's many awesome promotions. I think this was from the BOGO Sale. If you follow Zoya on Facebook, you will find out about their promotions first hand - so I urge you to follow.



 



I always love to quote Zoya when attempting to explain their polishes. The Zoya site explains Natty as a smokey deep steel blue with an opaque cream finish. It was perfectly opaque in 2 coats and very easy to apply - like most Zoya polishes.



 



If you are familiar with my blog, I typically show a swatch with part of my sweater in the shot. This time I decided to grab a pair of jeans for the photo. I think this is a perfect nail color to wear on a Fall day when you are in casual and comfy pair of blue jeans. I picture this manicure with jeans, a white top, and a cool scarf. That's my go-to casual weekend outfit as I have to dress up for work every day and look forward to wearing a pair of jeans.



Thanks again Karen for giving me the opportunity to post on your blog. Good luck on your first week of work!



Essie Rae @ iHeartPrettyPolish
********
Thanks Essie! This shade is amazing and is still sitting untired in my stash... expect to see it soon though! It sucks that Zoya doesn't included Canada in their promos, so I always miss out on them.

In honour of Essie visiting today I decide to share 2 recent cakes, Matthews 5th bithday and Jons 29th/Halloween party:

LOL this is really good for me and I was happy with how they turned out!

If you haven't checked out Essies blog yet, you can click here.

Thank you Essie for writing this post for me, I really appreciate it.

Have a great week everyone!

Karen

 

9 comments:

  1. Natty is very pretty Essie, thanks for sharing :)
    Karen, those cakes looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! I used store bought icing tubes lol :)

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous denim color, and so pretty on you :) Perfect go-to casual outfit, too. <3
    And Karen, such adorable cakes! I love the little spiders and bats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! I got them at a store (they are like little candies) and just added them to the iced cake lol! MAD SKILLZ!!!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome shade of blue love it. Glad I got this from the collection :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...