Wednesday, 28 November 2012

White With Stars and Glitter

Hey everyone!

Hows your week going? Mines been good, we have Christmas music on where I work now (its only 2 people, so we listen to what we want) it makes me want to buy some X-Mas CDs for my house... does anyone buy CDs anymore? Hopefully I can get 1 or 2 for pretty cheap!

My feature mani comes from earlier this month, it WAS going to be my birthday mani, but it never properly dried, and I scrapped that idea.

I used 4 coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! (the exclamation point is part of the name), stamped using MASH nail plate 49 and Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Ablaze. The glitter is Claire's Bedazzled.  I am not really sure what the deal with that star image is, but it doesn't scrape well for stamping. Small amounts of polish was left in the "white space" of the image and deposited on the nail. I am more than a little disappointed since I like this image a lot.

I love how Amethyst Ablaze is actually a purple metallic nail polish, instead of silver with a purple tint to it. 
 


I love finding great stamping polishes, and Maybelline Amethyst Ablaze is an awesome one. It's very inexpensive as well... a big bonus these days. I'm hoping to pick up the other metallics in the Color Show line, when they go on sale (metallic polishes are usually always good for stamping).

I like OPI Don't Touch My Tutu, its a heck of a lot softer then my other white np, OPI Alpine Snow. Dry time was an issue, but that is probably because I layered it to quickly. The top coat dried, but the bottom layers stayed wet, and the whole look was ruined when I got up the next morning (which was luckily the day before my birthday and NOT my actual day).

If you follow me on Twitter (@klenz85) you may have already seen the carnage:
RIP Stranger Tides
I found this hidden underneath my dresser, and all the nail polish that belongs in it, dumped (spilled) in my OPI box. I'm still not sure who did it, but my mother instincts are giving me a pretty solid idea who the guilty party is.

Have you guys ever had bottle of nail polish break before? This is my second time! Both happened this year too.

Have a happy hump day :)


Karen

18 comments:

  1. To answer your first question: Yes, I'm still buying CDs. And DVDs. And computer games. No downloading for me (but I don't really judge people who do).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! I'm really glad hat I'm not the only one NOT on the down loading bandwagon. I still rarely buy CDs, I'm more of a listen to whatever is playing type of person. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. That's so sad! I love this look though! It is so fun and cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... poor little polish, taken from us too soon :( LOL! Thanks Steph!!

      Delete
  3. Big fan and first time(?) commenter.

    I like your nail polish design here a lot and the base is such a gorgeous neutral. I see you had to do 4 coats though! I don't have the patience for that. I am on a lifelong quest to find a nice neutral, whitish, pale-ish shade that is good in 2 coats and is not too stark or streaky. I know, I'm picky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm extremely happy you comment today :) I don't think you're picky at all. In fact lots of people likely have a similar "wish list" for a white polish. White is notorious for beig a PITA.

      Delete
  4. I opened this and thought, What an awesome white! I must have it! And then it turns out to be the fabulous DTMT <3 I LOVE this mani, you made such excellent use of DTMT. I especially like the purple stars :)

    I, too, buy cds, dvds/blue rays, and computer games. I like the tangible thing in hand, I guess, but I do really like my ipod, too. And maybe I'm a little old fashioned. As long as they're still making cd players, I'll be buying cds. I used to love going to those mega music stores and browsing for hours. Those kinds of stores aren't around anymore, though, and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm glad you love DTMT, because that tells me I need to give it another chance. I was a little fusterated with the dry time and # of layers needed.

      I know! Some things you just want to have in hand, plus it you really love the artist, you might want to look at their art work or whatever. I just recently picked up an x-box (for X-mas of course!) so I will def be getting some games :) (dancing games.... whoo!)

      Delete
  5. Oh I love that glitter!!! I love the stars too.

    Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY :P Claires Bedazzeled is one of my favourites. Its a realy high quality glitter (IMO) but afforable price. I love the stars too! Sadly the engraving on the plate where the stars are is raised around the edges making it difficult to stamp smoothly.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I should learn how to do some free hand :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog!! Check out my blog for the details. Love your manicures and this one is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check it out for sure :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Karen.....I love your stars!!!! Is it a nail stamp???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much!! Yes its a stamp from the MASH nails set. Specificly plate 49. I've had very good experience with the MASH 26-50 set of stamping plates.

      Delete
  9. These are so stunning! I love every little bit about the colour combo :D Shame they didn't dry properly, I HATE when that happens lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its a bit of a downer when you work on a mani just to have it get ruined in a blink of an eye! TY for you sweet comment :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...