Tuesday, 4 December 2012

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls Vs Sally Hansen Ion

Hello!

As promised in yesterday post, here's my comp with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Sally Hansen Ion:

Both of these shades are amazing "whites". Ion is a few shades greyer than MBSW, its almost like comparing  newspaper to lined note book paper. For for all intents and purposes they are "the same" but to the nail polish fanatic/ colour connoisseur this is a noticeable difference, and both can coexist happily in my helmer.

Formula's were both 3 coaters, I tried really hard to do only 2, but no dice! Both shades were still streaky after 2 coats. I would say Ion has the better formula by the slightest smidgen, its like the farther away from white you get, the better the formula.

Thumb: OPI, Ring: SH, Middle: OPI, Ring: SH, Pinkie: OPI



SH, OPI, SH, OPI

In short, No dupes here! Yay!! If you need a great white polish, both OPI MBSW and SH Ion fit the bill. I plan of keeping both polishes in regular rotation of my stash.

I hope this helps someone looking for white polish!

Have a great day friends! :)

Karen

8 comments:

  1. I clearly prefer the more cool toned OPI...
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Lots love for the OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls... I held off buying it for so long! (I finally picked it up 50% off)

      Delete
  2. I picked up Ion the other day after I saw a few manis you had done with it! They are very different, and I still need to find a backup of MBSTW, but I love Ion too! :)
    Thanks for putting them side by side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up and get to a Trade Secrets! I've recently been to 2 different ones, and both had MBSWs for 50% off :)

      I'm the same way! I love both polishs. Thanks Stph :D

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    http://polishedart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will check it out!

      Delete
  4. Oh I LOVE that you show them side by side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to share them side by side, because I know I was curious my-self! LOL.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...