Sunday, 6 January 2013

OPI Get Your Number (Liquid Sand)

Hey everyone!

I'm just going to jump straight to the point and say I grabbed 2 of the OPI Liquid Sand polishes from the Mariah Carey Collection that came out right before Christmas: OPI Get Your Number, and Can't Let Go. I also picked up Sprung (a cool looking brown/rose/gold shade) from that collection as well. I was originally going to pass on these... but who am I trying to kid? Now I want to run back to Trade Secrets and pick up the 2 liquid sands I left behind. lol.

So lets just tackle the elephant in the room, yes it has texture! yes it's matte! I'm still not sure if that's even a good thing or not? but like the magnetic & crackle nail polish stage, this liquid sand is new, fun and exciting... so for now I'm digging it!
 
I love how this shade seems to be so light absorbing, yet the glitters are still reflective (and holographic I might add!). Its an oxymoron, but until you see it on the nail in real life, it's hard to describe!
 
I found the even though the polish has a rough texture, it applied evenly, and wasn't that distracting. There were no large stray pieces of glitter to get your hair/clothing caught on. Its like the glitter is dense enough to create a whole new raised surface of glitter, which as a result is: smooth with a gritty feel... am I starting to ramble?
 
 
I like how this pic shows the holo particles
Close up of the texture!
 
 I'd love to know what you guys think of these Liquid Sand polishes! I'm on the fence still, but I am totally sold on Get Your Number. Its medium blue base & holo glitter have pulled me in, but the interesting finish has me enamoured.
 
Have a great Sunday folks!
 
Karen

11 comments:

  1. It's very pretty - but I have a rough texture on my nails, so I'll probably not buy any of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with them I actually used get your number today also! The polish is so unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy...I didn't want this one until I saw your pictures...your manicure is flawless! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this polish!!! You captured it sooo well Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this yesterday and I never want to take it off! It looks so pretty on your nails! I am so in love with this shade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This mani is so beautiful!! Love the color for i find it elegant and classy. This is perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. il est magnifique, j'adore, j'adore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try Liquid Sands! For some reason I cannot find them anywhere in stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think I would like it either, but as you say, the texture isn't as rough as you think it will be and it goes on very well. No catching on clothes and in my hair when blow drying!!!! :-)Great photos btw and thank you to ChitChatNails for bringing attention to your blog x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...