Monday, 11 February 2013

Enticing Layers!

Hey lovelies

I have a super feminine manicure to show today using Cult Nails Enticing & OPI Pirouette My Whistle and OPI Pink Yet Lavender.

My swatch of Enticing on its own:


Its a sheer milky pink with a buildable formula. I think its meant to be worn sheer, because it took 4 coats to get it as opaque as you see it here. The slight shimmer is not visible on the nail, but you can see it in pictures pretty easily.

Next I added a coat of OPI Pirouette my Whistle.


I love this topper polish!

Then... because I never quit when I'm ahead, I added OPI Pink yet Lavender.
*Happy sigh* Holo glitter makes me smile :)....

I took a gamble and I think it paid off in looks! I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite, and what do know?? My 7-8ish coats of nail polish popped off the next day! That's a lot of polish for a simple look. :P

I think I have a thing for softer shades right now. I keep going back to my white, sheer, and pastel shades. Who has 2 thumbs and is ready for spring!? THIS GIRL! lol.

What shades are you drawn to right now?

I am mentally sending out good Monday vibes to all you right now, because I KNOW how difficult it can be to jump back into another busy week. Thank you so much for taking a few moments to read my post.

Have a great week everyone!

Karen XOXO

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! Pirouette My Whistle is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of mine too! I love how versitile it is.

      Delete
  2. These are all such lovely polishes. I'm feeling like you lately with the light tones. I really enjoy wearing creams and light pastel polishes. It could be because I miss summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so! Also I think the brights and vamps wear you down after while. Soft shades kinda give you a palette cleanser.

      Delete
  3. ohh this nude looks sooo tender with Pirouette - such a gorgeous manicure! while Pink yet Lavender adds cute party-ready notes to your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeslty I don't think I would be able to pick a fave between Pirouette & Pink Yet Lavender. They are the same sort of "quite" glitter with different characteristics. Thanks Mari!

      Delete
  4. So, so cute! Too bad they popped off so quickly though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was a little bummed, but then... I was over it pretty quickly! lol, another excuse to do my nails right!?

      Delete
  5. Oh yes... glitter on nude polish is THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quickly learning that I LOVE the glitter & nude combo! :)

      Delete
  6. Every time I hear "layers" I can't help but think of the Shrek movie, where Shrek describes to Donkey: "Onions have layers, Ogres have layers"... well, in this case layers paid off... soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...