Monday, 18 February 2013

OPI Breakfast In Bed with Flowers

Happy Monday!

I have another neutral mani to show today. I've been totally feeling the neutrals these days, I think it must be the weather we've been having here in London. One day it's super nice & the next insane snowstorm, rinse and repeat.

But enough blabbing about the weather! Here is OPI Breakfast in Bed Stamped with Konad Special Black Stamping polish & MASH Plate 29.


OPI Breakfast In Bed is a older "Black Label" OPI, which means, to the nail polish aficionado, it has all the amazing chemicals, which are bad for you in it. To tell you the truth I don't see much difference in the formula (please don't throw anything at me!).


Breakfast In Bed is sheer, and would take a lot of coats to build up to be completely opaque. Shown here is 3 coats and I was happy. In my opinion the people who purchase these sort of shades are not looking for complete opaque coverage. So with the coverage issue out of the way, Breakfast had a good formula with little streaking (a notorious problem with sheers).
The only issue I had with this mani was streaks when I added top coat.

Just a simple mani to start off the week.

Have a great day, Oh! and thanks for stopping in.

Karen.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was a little bummed about the streaking from my tc... but over all happy with the looks.

      Delete
  2. so nice!! I really want to try ! b:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  3. Haha, nothing wrong with black labels here and there! I like the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong at all! lol Thank Gosia!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm with Gosia :) I've got a couple black labels and I kind of adore them, lolol ;) This is so clean and pretty :) I hope you had an amazing Valentine's Day and that you and your little ones stay warm :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely...I have this shade still - in fact I have many black labels. I started collecting OPI when they first came out - I was on the tail end of having my always perfect acrylic nails from the 80's that I polished mostly with Creative (now CND) until OPI hit. They were small at first but hit hard. I did purge some of them and wish now I had not - but that said, I have about 200 bottles at least of different black label shades. I never really think of the change over as leaving bad chemicals behind. Being a clinical scientist, I had and still do work with many of the chemicals that were taken out of not only polish but other products in the 90's. Carcinogenic? You would need a ton of it and pretty much need to be sniffing it and taking it internally to get into an issue with the chemicals. But it was all part of a greening time - we were rid of most of the aresoles and it just was next in line to get rid of the toluene, formaldehyde and a couple other things in products. I adore the way most of the older polishes lasted. The Green labels have gotten better but gads they were pretty horrible right at the first. It's fun to look back and remember the old displays for the early OPIs which was only a wire rack and a brochure usually in most retail/beauty shops that sold OPI. I used to have to look really carefully at the brochures for each collection to keep from buying frosts - a lot of the early OPIs it was hard to tell a frost from a shimmer...other than the F and the S that was listed only on the brochures. Having worn frosts in the 60s and 70's still to this day I have had more than enough of frost finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this OPI shade!!! :D
    This manicure defines to me what a Karen look is. For some reason when I think of you I think of a nude with a dainty but statement making stamp. I really love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological
    globe everything is available on web?

    Look into my web-site - exercises to increase vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey very interesting blog!

    Also visit my homepage; http://www.igamershood.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...