Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Tribal Nails

Hi guys,

Today I have another look that is WAAYYY out of my regular nail art go-to-style. If you follow me on Pinterest you may know I have a slight affinity towards tribal style manis (and other tribal/geometric accessories!). This is my very first attempt at tribal nails, and it was Lucy's stunning design & tutorial in this post that finally pushed me to try it.
I used Sparitual Ebb And Flow (bight blue/turquoise) as my base, Sparitual Love and Happiness (red), and Sparitual Dreams Becoming Reality (which is a dark teal, but turned purple over the red). I used all Sparitual polishes as another little shout out Lucy, whose awesome swatches of the brand are guilty of enabling & encouraging me to try them out!

The black out-line was done with a black stripping polish.
 
 

I will try these again, hopefully when I have longer nails, so I have more room to work.

Thanks to Lucy for her great Tutorial! (psst go follow her blog if you're not already!)

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by.

Karen XOXO

12 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Karen! You did an absolutely amazing job with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was a little nervous, but I think they turned out alright for a first time!!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous, well done Karen, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks Maria! Its really means alot comming from you, you are so talented when it comes to free hand design.

      Delete
  3. good job karen,it really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I really appericate when people comment, especially on a look I am not that familar with.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Essie!! :) I'm glad I tried it.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! I saw her blog pic and saved it the other day, but thought it was way too hard for me to try, and then here you went and did it and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing, and honestly stared at it for like 15 mins straigh trying to determine exactly how she did it... To be honest I STILL have no idea! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  6. THESE ARE AMAZING! OH MY GOSH! Tribal is definitely one my favourite things! I wish I could do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just installed iStripper, so I can watch the best virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...