Monday, 8 April 2013

Polish Days: Seven Deadly Sins.

Hi guys!

Today I'm doing my first Polish Days theme, which is the Seven Deadly Sins. To be honest I had no idea where to start with this theme... As a result cause alot of reflection on my part, and you know what!?! I am guilty of all of them, pretty well on a daily basis. Which gave me my first idea, pick the sin I think I'm most guilty of, and do a mani based off that. The sin I picked: Greed... Don't get me wrong, I don't think I am greedy in a gimme gimme-grabby hands kind of way, but more of in a day how much do I expect? I expect my pay check, I expect my food to taste good, my drinks to be hot, to get kind service, stuff to be in stock, polish to have good formula.... and on and on. So getting to my point of greed, is that my minimum daily expectations are way more then alot of people will ever have. The hashtag: #firstworldproblems kind of encompasses that.

I did some googling of Greed and found this image:

Source (check out her other work, its amazing)
The first 2 things I noticed about this picture was the golden hue,and the bodice of her dress = gold braided mani!


I used SOPI I Only Shop Vintage, Essie Good As Gold and Maybelline Bold Gold


Next thing I noticed were the sweet diamonds all around the arch. They kinda look like the diamonds of the Nail Craze NC04 plate.

Yep! so stamping smudged the braided look due to all the polish layers, I had to remove the middle fingers polish it was so bad. I added Shimmer Tracy as an accent nail, and topped all others off with a coat of Elemental Styles Fools Gold...


*Sigh* I should I left it alone! Alright, you can stop laughing at me & my crappy mani now! lol Its more Goldmember from Austin Powers, than the painting above!

Which of the 7 are you?


Check out the other Polish Days Manis:


16 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, but the braided metallic is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your braided mani is stunning, especially in gold. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darn, it was definitely more gorgeous as a braided mani alone, BUT good attempt :P I love the Seven Deadly Sins digital paintings by that artist - they've been super popular in the graphic design circle for years now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic interpretation! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is gorgeous! Both ways hun, I love it!

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really digging the gold braided mani :D I've never thought to do that technique with different shades of the same colour. I like it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No no no, you didn't ruin it!! Greed is about going overboard, right?! I think it's great and makes a statement that you had the guts to cover that gorgeous mani for the purposes of the theme. I love them both ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful- love the layers of different golds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i particularly love the fishbraid - brilliant inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. No actually I like both looks of your mani. The original look and the new look. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hy there!! I have found your blog and I'm very glad because you have a lot of interesting subject and you make gorgeous nail designs. I will follow you for sure. If you are in the mood for some nail designs please do not hesitate to visit my blog too. Kisses and thanks in advance.
    http://roxyru.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gold braided mani is gorgeous! I might prefer the before, but the the after is pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the different gold finishes braided together! And the stamping too! You definitely didn't ruin it. Oh and that glitter is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love the Gold braided mani! I have been searching for a great gold for some time now and this nail art features several!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...