Wednesday, 17 July 2013

MASH Plates 26-50 Review

Hi guys!

Today I want to share my review of one of my most loved nail-art products: the Mash Nails stamping plate set 26-50 (the 2nd set).  I've had this set for almost a year now and they're very well used & loved. At the time I was in the market for a full stamping set (I only had maybe 5 or 6 Konad plates) and I bought the Mash set based of Martas positive review HERE. Since purchasing the Mash set, I haven't seen another set of plates I would rather have. These plates have a wide variety of great versatile images.

The quality is very high, the plates are sturdy metal with paper backing. The images are fully etched, and I don't have transfer issues. One little thing worth noting is the images with a large positive space can take a lot of polish, when you run your stamper over those images you can squeeze excess polish out the sides. Specifically I am referencing the clover on plate 30, the checkers on 38 and the stars on 49, a light hand is needed when transferring to the stamper. You can see an example of what I'm referring to HERE on the thumb.

26-31

32-37 (sorry, they are arranged backwards!)

38-44

45-50

Some of the plates are very well used! I bet you can tell which images are my favourites lol. If I had to narrow it down to my 5 top plates I would choose 29, 30, 37, 45, 46... with 37 & 45 being my top 2 plates.

That being said, I wanted to test out some images I've never tried before and give you guys a candid look at what the images look like. I stamped 10 different images on my nails, and they are all my first use with that particular image. All are stamped over Cult Nails Flushed using Essie No Place Like Chrome.

Hummm, I'm not sure I like how the linear stamp turned out, not sure if it was me, or the image. I'll have to try it again to know for sure... Otherwise these all were great!

I can already see I have a few new faves that I can't wait to use in a full proper manicure. Look at those Cherries! How cute is that lady bug!? I am still practising at stamping on my right hand, so most mistakes you see were because of me.

I purchased my set from the Mash Nails web site, but pricing has changed a bit over the months. I paid $25, plus $10 shipping... so it worked out to be $1.40 per plate... totally worth it!

I highly recommend this set to any one thinking about getting into stamping.

You can see all the times I've used Mash images on my blog HERE 

Do you have a favourite plate set?

Thanks for reading!! Have a great day everyone,

Karen

8 comments:

  1. I love stamping and Konad is nice but really pricey. I like these plate designs and I don't have any MASH stamping plates. I love the little skull, the unicorn, the horse, there's a cute dragonfly and a shooting star, a bumblee and a key. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I hope you decide to pick them up! I found them well worth the $$ I spent. Despite the high price tag, I LOVE the Konad plates I do have.

      Delete
  2. I love these plates as well! I use mine all the time!! I love the way those cherries pop on that purple. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a really versatile set, I feel that you can achieve alot of styles with this set. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. that purple is gorgeous and the stamping is great, those plates look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder why you love them so much..they do have pretty designs. Love what you did with the purple mani. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thay are great plates, I should add that they are thicker than many other plates as well (about Konad thickness). Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...