Monday, 12 August 2013

A Copy-Cat Mani: The Nailasurus Blue with White Stamping

Hello!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I took my 2 boys to my oldest son, Matthew, soccer tournament. Then from there to meet Morgan the Worlds Tallest Female Dog... OMG she was so BIG!! My youngest son, Isaac, who's not even 2 yet, just about died of pure happiness (that's Isaac in the FB picture, Matts soccer uniform... and my odd dismembered hand on the upper right). Of all days to not have my camera with me, it was of course that day! Luckly for me Morgans owner took a few. As of Sunday night Isaac was still talking about the "doggie"... which if you ever have the pleasure of meeting Morgan, you'll see the word doggie as a vast under statement.

Back to the nails, I saw this stunningly beautiful stamping combo by The Nailasaurus, and realized I HAD everything she used to create the mani. So I re-created the look late Saturday night.
I used Essie Bikini So Teeny, Finger Paints Paper Mache, and Nailz Craze NC03. I am embarrassed to tell everyone this is my first time using this plate (and I didn't "just" purchase it either). To be honest, the main reason I postponed using such a beautiful image/plate is image size. I don't like the extra clean up required for XL plates, plus on some images placement can be tricky (not the case in this instance). Oh the joys of having nubs! The actual plate is perfect, the designs are nicely etched, and transfer well.


Have you ever copy-cat-ed someone manis? I do (with credit of course!), I draw a lot of inspiration for other bloggers/instagrammers, and even if I don't out-right copy, I still pick pieces of their work to build on as well.

Thank you so much for reading!

Have a great week,

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is so gorgeous - I love it.
    I hope you get photos from Morgans owner, sounds like a great experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them! They are super cute :) Thanks Maria!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the stamping, and especially I love the light blue background color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikini So Teeny is honestly one of the best blues! Thank you Mari!

      Delete
  3. Pretty colour and stamping combo, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually copied The Nailasaurus... So I can't take credit for the combo!

      Delete
  4. These are really cute! And Bikini So Teeny is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree Bikini So Teeny is one of my fave blues!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...