Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Free Handed Roses

Hi guys!

As I'm typing this, I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance, anyone else obsessed? I think Jasmine is going to win for the girls. I'm torn on the boys, but if I had to guess, I'm hoping for Paul. I really love all the dancers left, this season has been good!

For my nails today, I finally tried something I've been seeing all over pinterest & blog posts, but never had the nerve to try until now. Here's my first attempt at free handed roses:
Zoya Neely is my base, once dry I painted over using my white striping polish. Next I grabbed my dotting tools and painted the leave using Essie Pretty Edgy. I painted the main rose with OPI Pink Friday using my largest dotting tool, and made an irregular shaped dot. I filled in the rest with my smallest dotting tool and OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips. 


This is a look I will revert to again I'm sure. Its super easy to do once you sit down and try.

Tell me, have you tried free handed roses? I know there are some EXTREMELY talented bloggers whose flowers are untouchable(!!) namely Maria from Marias Nail Art Blog is one... I want to do nail art like her when I grow up!

Did you watch So You Think You Can Dance last night? Were you sad to see Tucker and Jenna to leave? I was meh, they are both super talented dancers, but I still wasn't totally sold on them. Like I said above, I'm cheering for Jasmine & Paul.

Have a great day!!

Karen

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely sweet and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! your comment makes me feel good, considering you are the queen of nail art flowers :D Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. So sweet and beautiful, I love patterns like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari! I do too, and I am relieved to see it turned out better then I expected ;)

      Delete
  3. This looks so pretty and girly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! The colors together look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *may* have a small thing for pastels ;) THanks!! :D

      Delete
  5. It looks adorable! I love the mint green/white stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :D It was actually a toss up between the mint or pale blue... Since I've been reaching for blues A LOT lately, the minty green won out.

      Delete
  6. It's crazy that i haven't tried roses yet! Yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh! Thank you! Its my first attempt, so your comment means a a lot :) I encourage you to try them, take a large dotting tool create a large and irregular dot and fill in with a small dotting tool. Let me know if you try it, Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Ooh this mani is super cute - love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I took a leap and tried out free handed roses.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...