Friday, 20 September 2013

Blue & White Skittlette (& Stamping Slip-up!)

Hello Ladies!!

This is my last scheduled post. I've been back for a few days now, and things are slowing getting back to normal.

Todays mani was *thisclose* to not making it to my blog thanks to my over-eagerness to stamp. If you notice my middle finger, I wrinkled the polish with the stamper while it was dry on top but still wet underneath:
Nice eh?!

I used the following:
Essence Date In The Moonlight
Zoya  Jacqueline
OPI Radiance
BM04
Konad Special Black Stamping Polish
How embarrassing!!!! 
Darn it! I loved the combination, so of course I had to go smudge it.

Not all was lost! or I should say it could have been A LOT worse:

 Immediately after the stamping disaster I was able to pat the smudged polish back down, and added 2 extra coats of top coat... it almost worked! The upper left hand side had been devoid of any polish, now it looks only a little wrinkled... I'll take it!

Here's one more picture!

Despite my big slip up, I enjoyed this mani a lot. Blue & white together really speak to me. I will pull this colour scheme out again soon!

Thanks for reading & please don't make TOO MUCH fun of my little stamping snafu ;)

I should have my real time blog post back up and running on Monday Sept  23.

Have a great weekend!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! They remind me of drinking tea out of posh blue and white china cups :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! It's so delicate, but at the same time the slight smudging of the black makes it look a little more edgy and goth :) I hate when the polish wrinkles up, too -- it always seems to happen to the best designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hear you on the wrinkling. I have done that so many times. It's just so hard to wait when I'm in a stamping mood. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...