Monday, 16 September 2013

Water Coloured Poppies

Hi Ladies,

This is yet ANOTHER scheduled post, I am flying back today and should be back before noon. I know I've had a great visit, but at this point I'll be ready to see Jon and my kids again. :)

Todays mani, is a still new-to-me technique, I've tried water colour once before HERE, yet I wanted to do more. Here is my first attempt at water colour flowers:
I used the following shades:
Zoya Jacqueline
Essie Mojito Madness mixed with acetone
Essie Limited Addiction mixed with acetone

To get the water colour effect I put a small drop of Essie Mojito Madness nail polish on a piece of plastic, dipped my paint brush (a super cheap one I purchased at Wal-Mart) in acetone and mixed them together. That gave the polish a watery consistency and I painted the stems with it.

Following the stems I moved on to the poppies. This time I used my dotting tool and made a plain 5 petal flower shape. With my paint brush dipped in acetone again, put it on the fresh dot and let the acetone flow, thus spreading the polish. I learnt at this point its best to apply the acetone on wet polish, it spreads better and give a more water colour look to the petal.


Have you tried the water colour technique?

Thanks for reading :) talk to you all soon!

Karen

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...