Friday, 11 October 2013

BM 2013 Twin Post With Chit Chat Nails

Hi guys!

Today I have the pleasure of sharing a twin post that I'm doing with my friend Marta from Chit Chat Nails. We found out that we were both waiting for the new Bundle Monster Create Your Own set to be delivered around the same time & decided to do a twin post when the set arrived.

Marta came up with the excellent idea of making this a 2 post event, where we each pick an image for one post. Today is part one (my pick), next Friday will be part 2 (Martas pick).

Here is part 1: BM-417


Can we just talk about how crisp these lines are? This image on plate BM -416 is obviously well etched at a good depth for stamping. 
I started with a grey water colour base (you can see all the details in THIS post) and stamped with BM-417 using Cult Nails Nevermore. I top coated it, added a light layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust, stuck a square stud at the base, and top coated the whole mani again. So many layers of polish!  


I'm glad I opted to stamp over a more interesting base then just white or light grey. I see a lot the details were not lost within the stamps negative space, and you can still see the variance between shades. 


How did I pick my image you ask? Since I had such a difficult time deciding which image to use, I turned to Random.org  for plate & image number. I couldn't be happier with the image we ended up with! 

Stay tuned for part 2 next week!

Thank you so much or stopping by, don't forget to head over to Chit Chat Nails to see Marta review!

Have a great weekend,

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think its interesting to have a water colour effect under the rigid style of stamp. :)

      Delete
  2. My stamps never look so good... why?
    Thank you for your wonderful ideas.
    Irene-Greece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment! To be honest I have struggled with stamping over the year, so your comment really means a lot! All I can say is LOTS of practice. Thanks again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...