Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Maybelline: Drops Of Jade

Hi Guys,

Today I have just a quickie swatch of Maybelline Drops Of Jade today.

I bought this polish after a visit from Marta convinced me I NEEDed the Maybelline Clearly Spotted shade, and Drops Of Jade came home with me too. My cousin, Gens swatch of the blue Polka Dots shade called: Blue Marks The Spot, reassured me I made the right decision. The kicker too all this, is they were both on clearance at my SDM for $1.99! None of the other Maybellines from the Polka Dots shades were reduced. (FYI they are all in stock at my Wal-Mart as of yesterday, not sure the prices).

Maybelline Drops Of Jade

Maybelline Drops Of Jade is a pale green jelly that builds up to a teal, with different sizes of black & white glitter. What you see here is 4 thin coats, 3 coats just wasn't cutting it & the 4th was necessary. I also had to double top coat it.


Let me just tell you something! I am SOLD as soon as I hear something has B&W glitter in it. I know, I know! Me and every other nail polish nut right!?! Nothing new here! But IT IS new, because before the Maybelline (& Hard Candy) release, you would only be able to get these styles of glitters through indie sellers. I love to see indie inspired looks go mainstream and be easily accessible to the masses *cough*and cost less* cough*

Please don't get me wrong, I ADORE my small indie nail polish collection, and I will always keep supporting indie makers. But it is nice to see a more affordable option on the market.

Have you tried any of the Polka Dots from Maybelline? Which one is your favourite?

I'll have Clearly Spotted on the blog tomorrow!

Have a great day!

Karen

8 comments:

  1. I love your swatch! I may have to give this one a second look next time I'm in Walmart. I already picked up Clearly Spotted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) I found the formula on Clearly Spotted to be better of the 2, but the base of DOJ is such a pretty green-y shade. One thing I forgot to mention is its a really sheer jelly.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I only got Clearly Spotted from this set. I figured I had enough jellies to create the feel that this polish gives. I love this color of teal! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great point! Especially when you consider all the orange or blue jelly shades on the market right now.
      Sometimes when it comes to clearance polish I get *a little* possessive, and don't want to pass on it. Where was your voice of reason when I needed it! LOL JK! :P

      Delete
  3. I have Clearly Spotted and I love it! I've used it numerous times already. I like it so much that I have already picked up a back up bottle. I have the other colors too, but I haven't used them yet. That orange one will be great for a Halloween mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a genius! Why did I not put Halloween & the Orange Polka Dot shade together! (baby brain, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). Clearly Spotted is back-up worthy. Its extra special (IMO) because there are no bar glitters.

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute polish -- somehow it seems very stylish :) I love anything with black and white glitters too! And the teal base looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, there IS something stylish about the hidden/burried glitters peaking out from the green base. Don;t get me wrong, I'm about as stylish & fashionable as a toad on a log, but maybe that will all change if I wore this shade more often!! LOL :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...