Monday, 28 October 2013

My Delicate Skittlette

Hello!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was great & busy. We had a small Halloween/30th birthday party for Jon. There was lots of food, good laughs, and fun people. I tried out a total of 3 new Pintrest recipes and I am thrilled that they turned out perfectly (because as most of you know, Pinterest ideas can sometimes be a bit of a gamble) links included at the very end.

Todays mani I'm sharing with you is another take with OPI This Gown Needs A Crown. While this look is a celebratory yet delicate in style, its not the look I wore to our party. My mani for the party was actually OPI Alcatraz...Rocks, which I have swatched, but I am not sure when I'll be posting it. It does however make a tiny cameo appearance on my pinky!

Delicate design on DRK-C
I used the following:
OPI: This Gown Needs A Crown
OPI My Boy Friend Scales Walls
OPI Alcatraz... Rocks! (swatches coming soon, promise!)
DRK-C 
Essie No Place Like Chrome (stamping)
Born Pretty Studs

I've mentioned before, I'm the type of girl who prefers gold/warmer metals to silver & white metals, but the satin finish on OPI This Gown Needs A Crown really speaks to me for some reason. I truly hope OPI releases a warm gold of this shade before the winter is up! (my hope is in the Gwen Stefani Collection due out in Jan).


Annnd that's all I got for today!

How was your weekend?

Thanks for reading, & have a great Monday!

Karen

PS. If you're interested in the Pinterest reciepes I followed, They're posted below:

Skinny Broccoli Salad (makes a HUGE amount, I added cranberries)
Toffee Dip (again, makes a large amount! Everyone ate their share & I still sent 2 different people home with left overs)... kinda un-did the "skinny" part of my broccoli salad though
Brine Turkey This one was more of a guide line I used, but still super helpful! (I've never brined a turkey before this & I will never NOT brine one again)

I hope you try these out!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, Its a little more dainty them my usual style, but I'm happy to have tried it! :)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful!! I can't wait to see the swatches of Alcatraz Rocks. I purchased it but haven't used it yet. Very pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop to it! You seriously won't regret it!! :D Of my few textured shades this one is my favourite. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ahh This Gown Needs A Crown is absolutely beautiful! So glad you picked it up and that you've come to like it! But a warmer gold tone would be stunnign too! Hehe! Have there been sneak peaks of Gwen's collection? Hahaha! I am looking forward to see the Alcatraz Rocks swatches! And this is such a fun skittlette mani you've put together! Having Alcatraz Rocks peeking on pinky, yet with a silver stud creating a link between it and the silvers. Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't seen any pics yet! have you?! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there is one LOL. I'm getting pretty excited for that collection to come out no matter what shades are in there. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...