Monday, 21 October 2013

OPI All Sparkly And Gold

Good Morning & Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend! 

So guess what!? Over the weekend I ended grabbing a few new bottles of nail polish (surprised?! I didn't think so! lol) including another shade from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 collection: OPI All Sparkly & Gold. 

OPI All Sparkly And Gold
OPI All Sparkly And Gold is a tarnished gold glitter bomb. All I can say is this shade has got some MAD sparkle, and the name is perfect. The formula was a little thick, but it was clearly due to the amount of glitter packed in, and I had no trouble with application. Dry time was good. What you see here is 3 coats, but 2 should be enough, I added a third coat just to see if there was a noticeable difference, there wasn't. I have 2 coats of top coat added. 


I own nothing even close to similar to All Sparkly And Gold. I just love the fine glitter particles packed together to create a solid and interesting glittery colour. From far away & right close up, OPI All Sparkly And Gold holds visual interest. I cannot believe I passed this baby up the first time I saw it! Owning this shade from the Mariah Carey Collection definitely takes away some of my bitterness towards the crappy formula in OPI I Snow You Love Me.  

OPI All Sparkly And Gold has a colour uniformity not often seen in glitter bombs. The over all effect at a distance is a coarse metallic gold shade with additional depth. Truly a stunner!


I personally think this gold glitter is worth a double take, even if you feel gold isn't your colour. Its tarnished colouring in this shade takes it down a notch from the traditional holiday gold, and adds a lovely touch of class & elegance. My favourite of the Mariah Cary 2013 Holiday collection (previously My Favorite Ornament).

Do you have a favourite from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday collection? 

Have a great Monday! Thanks for reading. 

Karen 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...