Thursday, 24 October 2013

OPI Miss Universe

Hello!

Remember on Monday I mentioned a hauled *just a bit*  and grabbed one more shade from the OPI Mariah Carey collection, as well as 2 from the OPI Miss Universe collection?

Well today I would like to show you my 2 picks from Miss Universe collection: This Gown Needs A Crown & I'm feeling Sashy. Trust me when I tell you, I had a hard time NOT getting the Miss You-niverse shade. The main reason I didn't purchase it is because I already have lots of similar shades in my collection (but there is a high possibility I would have liked that one the best!). 

Lets start with OPI This Gown Needs A Crown:
OPI This Gown Needs A Crown
Can we just start by saying I love the sassy name to this nail polish. I know I am not that strange alone when I say names make a big impact on how much I can love a shade. A fitting name really makes the polish for me. While I still love a few polishes named with just numbers, I really do prefer fun tie-ins with the theme of the collection. 

Ok back to OPI This Gown Needs A Crown (fun name!). This is a silver matte shimmer, being released as a Satin finish. To me it looks the same as OPIs discontinued suede finish, and hey, that's perfectly OK with me! One thing worth mentioning is this shade is in a clear base, and needs to be built up. You see 3 coats here with no top coat (and actually no base coat either). I find that after 3 coats you can still see a little bit of nail underneath. 

Like many others, I am fascinated with this shade. I love how its metallic-ish, without many of the negative traits we associate with a typical metallic finish. Dry time was really fast. I did have very minor streaking with This Gown Needs A Crown, however the large streak on my pinky finger is due to a imperfection on top of my nail prior to painting.  


And... you know what this polish really needs? 
A crown! Of course. :P 

OPI I'm Feeling Sashy:
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy
OPI I'm Feeling Sashy is a dusty, red based, light purple creme with a jelly-like formula (slightly sheer). Most reviews on this shade seem to agree it's a 2 coater, but in my experience I'm Feeling Sashy benefits from having 3rd cost. It also dries a smidgen darker then the bottle colour. Formula was smooth and flawless, shown here with top coat. 


I'm Feeling Sashy is a great basic to add to your nail polish wardrobe. Its a season-less shade that will probably never go out of style. It also will look great on any age, nail length, and style. My only complaint is this purple is so basic that it becomes a little forgettable in the sea of polish that surrounds it. I also suspect I may have a few bottles similar in colouring, but I'll have to go stash diving in my helmer to confirm.  

Something about this kind of purple just makes me happy! :D


So another 2 winners for me, I've already used both shades in separate nail-art manicures, and I can't wait to share! I encourage you the pick up OPI This Gown Needs A Crown soon because its definitely the most unique & eye catching of the collection, I can see it being sold out soon. 

Have you picked up any from OPI Miss Universe? Which ones were your favourite?

Thanks for stopping by & reading, have a great day!

Karen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...