Friday, 25 October 2013

OPI This Gown Needs A Crown & OPI DS Radiance Comparison

Hello,

Since swatching OPI This Gown Needs A Crown, I wondered how it would compare to a silver foil that's been mattified.

Below I did a comparison between OPI This Gown Needs A Crown & OPI DS Radiance:

You can see that, while the silver colour is basically the same, the finish set the 2 shades apart. Radiance is so reflective, that its shine is much more unified then most foils I've seen (sorry my light box pictures are not the best). OPI This Gown Needs A Crown is tiny silver particles in a clear matte base (or "Satin" base I should say),  and it allows each particle to reflect the light at a lower intensity allowing the wearer to really SEE the light reflect in various directions.

Here I used my matte top coat (Essie Matte About You) on OPI DS Radiance only. You can see while the matte top coat does tone down the reflectiveness, it also seems to dull the vibrancy of this silver making Radiance a tad dim in light of its previous highly reflective, need sun glasses state.


My final conclusion, you ask?

Lots of room for both these lovely silver ladies in my Helmer.

Have a great weekend!

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous! I like the texture of OPI This Gown Needs A Crown. Nice swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I'm not a foil np lover typically, but DS Radiance is one of my faves! Right now I can;t seem to get enough of OPI This Gown Needs A Crown either. Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...