Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Nail Polish Canada 2nd Holiday Nail Art Challenge: Week 1

Hello!

I'm really excited to let you know I was invited by NailPolishCanada.com to participate in their 2nd Holiday Nail Art Challenge. After watching many of my blogger friends in last years competition, I eagerly jumped aboard to join in this years challenge!

Week 1's theme is snow! It's so fitting because here in Southern Ontario (where I live) we recently got a massive dumping of it over the weekend. My small town escaped fairly untouched compared to other towns aprox. 1/2 hour to 45 mins away, they got about 18 inches in one night. That's Canada eh?

Week 1: Snow
To create the above look I used the following:
Zoya Sailor (base)
OPI Snowflakes In The Air  
Color Club Harp On It (used as stamping polish)
Konad M59

This is a very simple and somewhat typical snow themed manicure. I love snowflake patterns, and over a dark base they stand out well, its easy to see why there have been many similar looks in the past. Here's a version I did last year.
This is also the 2nd day in a row I've used Zoya Sailor. Its a beautiful 2 coater blue creme that leans ever so slightly towards purple. Absolutely flawless shade.  

Close up:

In case you were curious, here is what the mani looked like without OPI Snowflakes in the Air:
If you are interested in checking out the other entries & voting for your favourite, I encourage you to do so HERE. If your favourite happens to be mine then... Thank you! You're awesome :D

Also if you would like to participate in the challenge, please sign up HERE, the more the merrier! :)

Thanks for visiting.

Karen



6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is so freaking pretty! I'm just about to sit down to try my hand at my version this year but this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I tried to keep it simple, but I can't resits a little holo sparkle (who can, really?!) :) I can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the holo stamp! It's perfect for snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous! I may need to get that OPI and I hate glitter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...