Thursday, 7 November 2013

Neutral & Black Skittlette,

Hello,

Todays nail art post is a quick free handed design on a skittelette I did using a Fing'rs Heart 2 Art nail art set I got from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. I saw quite a few different versions of this set, but I got the one that spoke loudest to me. I also wanted a chance to test out Zoya Maria Luisa, a pretty gold coloured flakie topper.

Neutral & black skittelette:
I used the following:
OPI San Tan-tonio
Zoya Maria Luisa
Black stripping polish
Fing'rs art set


Zoya Maria Luisa is simply beautiful. My light box is too cool to capture her true beauty, but she really brings warm shades to life. Its perfect for fall right now, and I can see it looking great on deep burgundy, browns, even burnt orange shades. The formula is a little thick, but in a this-is-a-flakie-polish kind of way. It has the typical flakie consistency. One coat is more then enough to get "full" coverage (over a separate base shade).


As you can see I used the black triangles & gold sequins. I have no beef with the black triangles, they're really cool. But the gold glitter bleeds... boo! Otherwise, the set works just fine. You pick up the individual piece with a dotting tool/tooth pick/pin dipped in clear top coat, place on wet, damp or dry nail polish(with a little dab of clear np), and top coat the entire nail.

I haven't tried the studs that came with the set yet, but they look good!

Thanks for reading!

Karen






6 comments:

  1. Aww, this is a cool way of using the studs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great nail art set, and I like the manicure you did with the gold sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Maria Luisa looks like a gorgeous polish, and the gold studs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just downloaded iStripper, and now I enjoy having the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...