Saturday, 28 December 2013

My Christmas Nails: Essie Velvet Voyeur

Hi Guys,

Today I want to show you the nails I wore from the 23th to the 27th! Insane right!? That's not like me to keep the same design for that long, but they held up well. I did get some corner chips, so its not like it was a miracle or anything, but when my schedule is busy, and I get overwhelmed with other stuff to do, my nails holding out is a nice treat. 

Below is 3 coats of Essie Velvet Voyeur:
Essie Velvet Voyeur
Studs were added from my long ago purchased Color Club set. I recently used and mentioned this Color Club set HERE and HERE
Essie Velvet Voyeur is a deep purple that's almost black. A lot of people avoid these almost black shades because... well, you can just wear black nail polish, but there is something about these kind of shades that keep me coming back. Velvet Voyeur is one of my long time favourites (it was released in 2010), and always will be, it reads as a classy hue to me, from the brand, to the application, to the colour, even the name: Velvet Voyeur is sophisticated.

The colour deepens based of number of coats applied. Although I consider this shade & formula a creme finish, in direct lighting Velvet Voyeur seems to have some jelly like properties. I still wouldn't classify it as a jelly or the much-loved crelly (creme-jelly for those who don't know) finish. 


For fun, here's a bottle pic:
I tried to play around with the lightness, contrast, brightness, and hue settings to get the bottle colour as true to real life as I could. I missed the mark, but its pretty close on my monitor (and the background is all messed). You can see the truest bottle colour in the first photo. 

For Christmas I received a few nail art & polish related gifts this year. Including something really special from Santa. Yes, those are all links to different images of the same polish... you say that as if its a bad thing ;) lol.

Thanks for reading everyone! Have a great Saturday!

Karen 

PS. If it is not to much trouble to ask, please (*pretty please*) vote for me in the China Glaze Holiday Nail Art Competition: HERE. You can read my original post: HERE. You need to vote for 3 different entries & activate your votes via e-mail address you provided. 

THANK YOU! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...