Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Bundle Monster Stamping Plate Storage Binder Review

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick review on a product I purchased on a whim, and ended up loving! The Bundle Monster: Nail Art Stamping Plates Storage Case Organizer in Crocodile Black.  I got two of these for Christmas, one as a gift to me (from Jon) and one as a gift for my SIL.

The case is sleek black leatherette, with a raised crocodile finish. It has a zipper that closes around.

Inside are sheets that have 6 pockets, and each pocket hold 2 plates, to give you a total of 12 plates per page. The description says it can hold a total of 168 plates.

Currently in my binder I hold Konad, Bundle Monster (2 sets), MASH and miscellaneous including a small amount of Gals and E-Bay plates. Even with all those plate sets I still have room to grow. My Nail Craze & full size DRK plates don't fit because they are much too large (NOTE: the ruler style DRK does fit in the front/back by the cover). And although I don't own any square plates like the Essence ones, they don't look like they would fit either.

Two pages within my binder still had the top 2 slots sealed shut, which means a total of 4 squares, and space for 8 plates were unusable. I needed to take a knife and cut them open. I wasn't overly thrilled about that, but thankfully most of the cuts were clean, little was damaged, and the space was once again usable. Here's a picture of the small amount damage done (thankfully only one slot):

I love having my plates stored in this fashion. I love that I can see every plate, without having to go though one by one, and virtually no fear of damaging wet/damp nails. Despite my pages being sealed, I still highly recommend this product.

Before I got this storage case I was using a small round Tupperware container, which worked fine over the last 2 years, but I am starting to out-grow it. I also know a lot of nailphiles make their own plate storage binders using card/photo holders. I used to see post about this on MUA back in the day, but I haven't seen any in the last little while.

How do you store you plates? also anyone have advice for the larger Nail Craze plates? Currently mine are kept in a plastic baggie within the bag they were packaged in.

Thanks for reading!

Have a great day,
Karen



14 comments:

  1. whooaaaa, I need this. thanks for share :)

    http://wind-atree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It really is a great product! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I think this is the perfect alternative for stampers who don't want to DIY it. I assembled my binder myself with business card holders and trading card holders and I'm so happy that all my plates are in the same spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Honestly I bought it 100% due to how convenient it was! Plus it was a Black Friday sale. I agree with you , I love having all my plates available at all times. Thanks for your comment!!!!

      Delete
  3. i have the pink one, and i love it :D... and yes the essences plate do fit.. i have them in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink & purple look so cute! I played it safe with black, but purple is my fave colour! Good to know about the essence plates! I've seen them in stores, maybe I should grab one now that I know they'll fit :) thanks!

      Delete
  4. I also have the pink one, and luckily mine didn't come messed up like that! The one thing I don't like is that it doesn't have pockets on both sides -- you have to stuff each pocket with two plates, one facing forward and the other facing backward -- and it can get a little tight. To me it just seemed like an oversight, or maybe they just want you to have to buy more books, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is really cute! I see what you're saying about the pockets. I actually thought that's how most card holders came as well? with one slot... but I do agree with you, it is a little tight holding 2 plates. I think no matter what BM would want to you buy more! :P

      Delete
  5. my bff got me the pink one for christmas after she saw how i hauled my plates over to her house. I filled it up with all my plates the night we exchanged gifts. I will definitely need this black one because I know I'll end up with more plates as the year goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome BFF! :) Stamping plates are addictive, and seriously need to come with a warning for beginners!!! lol. Maybe I should set my-self a goal to use every plate at least once, before I entertain purchasing new?... its a lofty goal, but I'm going to try!!

      Delete
  6. A bit embarrased to admit I have three of these...Filled to capacity. All my moyou (I only have a few), bunny nails and MJ plates are sitting in the covers evenly distributed within my three folders. My octagonal, Emliy de Molly, Vivid Lacquer, Essence, Claires, Nailz Craze and any other plates I have that will not fit are in a makeup bag. I couldn't think of any other place to put them. I wish they had holders as well as I love being able to flip through my plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be embarrassed here, you among friends and fellow addicts! I just want to know when can I come over? lol. Sounds like you have an amazing stash of stamping plates, and I *may be* just a little envious!

      I know right! About the other plates I wish there was a universal binder-holder-thingy for all our odd shaped plates. Oh and one of the other comments says the Essence plates do fit! Try it! :)

      Delete
    2. I sometimes feel a bit obsessed...I just love stamping and doing my nails! You are more than welcome to come play! As long as I can copy your designs! LOL!

      Delete
  7. I bought the same binder and love it, however, I received mine with one page upside down!!! I was disappointed because that is technically twelve spots that cannot be used but since I am too impatient to send it back I am going to try to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...