Friday, 17 January 2014

Color Club Wicker Park Glitter Gradient

Hello and happy Friday loves!

By the time you guys read this I'll more then half-way through my blogging break and enjoying time with my newest addition to the family! But at the moment I'm writing this, I still haven't delivered my baby yet and still have at least a few more days to go! Feels strange thinking about that.

My mani today is a looked a I built on using Color Club Wicker Park from the Color Club Girl About Town Mini set I shared with you yesterday.
To create the above look I used:
Color Club Wicker Park (Swatches HERE)
Claire's Silver Top Coat
OPI Matte Top Coat (Swatches HERE)

To create the simple gradient effect, I wiped the Clarie's brush completely dry & free from polish as best I could, then dipped just the tip back in. I painted the base of my nail with the little amount of polish on that was on the brush going in an up-wards direction. I did that about twice per nail. with touch-ups here and there. Its important to use a light hand. I topped the whole look off with the OPI Matte Top Coat I purchased as part of the OPI Top This Set from Winners.

Here's a peak at how the nails looked prior to being mattified:

Usually I'm a high-shine-finish girl all the way... But this time I personally prefer the matte look!

Which finish do you prefer, matte or shiny?

Thanks for reading & have a GREAT weekend.

Karen

4 comments:

  1. What a delicate and pretty mani. Normally I'm a glossy finish girl but I really like this one mattified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! 9 out of 10 times I go for glossy, but this time matte won me over. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! This is so pretty. I super love the background color and the glitters on the bottom part. I find it elegant and classy which made it perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm smiling ear to ear thanks to your kind comment! And you're right gradients are perfect for any occasion, it helps that they are quick to do as well! Thanks again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...