Thursday, 9 January 2014

Gifts From My Little Brother! (X2)

Hi ladies!

Last year at Christmas (as in the Christmas at the END of 2012) my younger brother had the great distinction of being the only person to gift me nail polish! lol. It was a running joke, because lots of people comment how hard I am to buy for, and David and I were like 'really?'. 2012 was the year I also started writing my blog. You can read the post I wrote on it HERE.

Once again this year (as in the Christmas at the END of 2013), David (my lil' bro) was the one who braved the nail polish world to gift me another 3 beauties that I don't already own. I will admit that he WASN'T the only one to do so this year (I'll have swatches on that special something later!)

Lets take a look at his choices:

L'Oreal Orange You Jealous


Oh wow! L'Oreal Orange You Jealous is a stunner. It is really neon in real life. It comes across as bright coral in my pictures, but there are neon properties to this shade. It was basically glowing in my kitchen (medium/low lighting at night) where I paint my nails.  As with most neons, application was tricky and you need to watch for streaks. If I was careful I may have gotten away with 2 coats, but I needed a 3rd in this swatch. I used L'Oreal Orange You Jealous as my base for testing my 2012 Bundle Monster Plates.

L'Oreal Members Only


Another stunner! L'Oreal Members Only is not neon, but definitely BRIGHT! Of the 2 L'Oreals David got me, this is the shade that caused my camera to spaz. It couldn't focus on anything & pictures on the camera screen my looked very pixelated. Thankfully they were normal (and I use the term normal here loosely) when I up loaded to my computer. Above are my best pictures, with the top one being the truest to colour. I can't remember the number of coats used, but it was 2 or 3. Formula was good (nothing to note), and the colour would be very agreeable with all skin tones. Members Only makes me think of fruit punch.

Sally Hansen Coral Collide
(over OPI Russian Navy)


Sally Hansen Coral Collide is a pink transparent crackle topper. In some lights you can see an orange duo-chrome along the edges. Very cool, especially if you're not in the mood to do any complicated nail art. The cracks in this shade are a good size and created fairly even chunks.Coral Collide doesn't have as much as a rubbery feeling when dried as some of the first round crackles had when they came out. It does dry matte, so I recommend top coat. I used Coral Collide over OPI Russian Navy.

All of my brothers choices are great, I love them even more when I think of a 26 year old man going shopping for nail polish, and just being like... wha...? when he see all the brands, shades, and general stuff associated....and how many stores now have aisles and/or bars designated for only np! Poor guy! :)

Thank you again David! :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day everyone!

Karen

Please note this is a scheduled post. I am taking a blogging vacation for the month of January.

2 comments:

  1. He did well!!! haha. I have orange you jealous - application is a total disaster but it's so beautiful that I war it anyway! LOL. Members only is STUNNING - going to have to pick that up tomorrow at CVS! Great swatches! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! OYJ had a tricky formula... And as the meme goes- ain't nobody got time for that! I'd live to hear what you think of Members Only if you end up getting it! Thanks for you comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...