Monday, 13 January 2014

KKCenterHK Review: Marquise Studs

Good morning!

Today I'd like to share with you my review on the Marquise Silver Studs from KKCenterHK:

I started off with a base of L'Oreal Members Only (gifted to me from my brother David, you can see my review HERE). Next I added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.

While Fairy Dust was still wet I picked up the studs using a dotting tool dipped in clear nail polish and placed in the centre of nail. I topped each nail with a thick coat of OPI Top Coat.

This shape of stud fit well length wise on my nails, but I had a difficult time getting more then one stud to sit flat at a time on one nail (middle & thumb). They are 6mm * 3mm, and too large for smaller or rounder "C" curved nails. I chose these stud to review from the KKCHK site, but knowing what I do now, I would have preferred something smaller to better fit the curvature of my nails.

That being said, if you know you need a larger size stud for nail art, these work perfectly.
 Lots of people use and swear by nail art glue to stick studs down, but I always use wet top coat. I place the decoration in wet top coat, then apply a second layer to seal it in. Doing that can get me a few days wear. Sadly I did not get to wear test this look.

When removing this mani, I picked out the studs and soaked them in acetone to be used again. If you are interested in re-using your studs, all I do is pick them out of the cotton ball, and place in an old acetone/nail polish remover cap, and fill with a small amount of pure acetone. I take an old paint brush and swirl & stir the studs, then dump the whole contents on a paper towel folded 2-3 times to dry. Keep in mind I use very little acetone. and the whole process takes about 2 mins. I have found that this process does not work very well with other types of nail decorations (aka rhinestones). I've never tried acrylic decorations like large bows & flowers.

The studs were provided for review purposes from KKCenterHK. You can find them HERE, as well as an additional 10% off your entire order with the code nailcall.

Thanks for reading,

Karen

PS. Happy 26th Birthday to my little brother David!!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! This mani is so pretty. I super love the background color and studs on it. I find it classy and unique. Its def a must try mani. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My brother picked out the background shade the studs were completely new to me. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Your brother has great taste! How sweet of him to pick out a few shades for you.
    Lovely use of the studs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let him know! Because I don't think anyone has ever said that about him before. ;) jk!!!

      Thanks Marta!

      Delete
  3. This looks beautiful -- Members Only is gorgeous, it combines with Fairy Dust perfectly! I love the shape of the studs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they play off each other really well! I like the shape but I personally would prefer a smaller size. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...