Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Stamping on Textured Polish

Hello!

Jumping back into my scheduled postings, today I have something I've been meaning to try for a while: Stamping on textured polish!

Check it out:
OPI Can't Let Go Stamped with BM-422

I create the above look I used:
OPI Can't Let Go (base, reviewed HERE )
BM-422 (plate, reviewed HERE)
Essie No Place Like Chrome (stamping polish)

Haha! It actually worked! Ok-so I knew it would based off seeing other nail polish bloggers stamp over textured shades... but still... look! it worked! I was partially expecting this to end in a stringy, stampy mess, and if you've ever screwed up on stamping before, you know exactly the disaster I mean.


The image on BM-422 is one I really enjoy thanks to its simple. edgy & geometric styling. Once The Nailasaurus pointed out its resemblance to the movie Catching Fire in an inspired mani, I was sold and needed to use this image asap!

Thanks for reading!

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been apprehensive about trying this but now I'll have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I know the feeling! I was scared too, I saw other bloggers make it work... but still I was scared to try it! lol. It works though, I promise! Let me know if you go ahead and try it!! :)

      Delete
  2. I had the same thought process as you on stamping over texture. I eventually got over it! I still find myself pushing super hard. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right, like we're pushing the stamper harder to get in to grooves, I did the same thing! But I don;t think we have too... we're just not used to texture yet. Then again I am notorious for pushing hard on my stamper. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...