Friday, 10 January 2014

Twin Post with Chit Chat Nails: Color Club East Austin

Good morning Loves!

While I am on my mat. leave, I had scheduled a bunch of post so I could take a step back from blogging in January and enjoy my newest little one. All was find and great, except for my newest little bundle decided to take his time to actually show up! As of writing this on January 7th, I'm still waiting for his arrival... and I was due Jan 1st... revised from my original due date of Dec 23rd. So needless to say I am feeling a bit tired of being pregnant!

When my friend Marta, inquired as to my well being, I responded with a picture my then-nail-of-the-day. Fast forward to the 7th, and I couldn't help but to notice her beautiful mani on Twitter/facebook  used the same polish I had shown a few days ago, and I asked if  she was interested in doing a twin post (since... you know... I had a little time on my hands), kindly she agreed!

EDIT: Since writing this post I've had my little boy! A healthy baby weighing 8lbs 2oz and 21 1/2 inches long born on Jan 7 (late at night, but the same day I wrote this post!). We named him Jakob Levi Kobal.

Today I am "butting" into my posting schedule to share a twin post with my friend Marta from Chit Chat Nails.

Over Christmas a lovely friend of mine gave me the Color Club Girl About Town minis, (and they're amazing! swatches coming soon!!) After swatching them, I played around a bit, and one creation to come out was the skittlette look below:
I was inspired by these 2 looks:


I realize they're not exactly the same, but I saw both manis before I created my own, and it would feel wrong not crediting them.

To create the above look I used:
Color Club East Austin
Color Club Wicker Park
Claires Silver Glitter Top Coat



That's it from me today! I'm keeping it light.

Thank you to Marta for being my twin poster for the day! I encourage you to go check out her great look!

Have a great day everyone, thank you for stopping by!

Karen



9 comments:

  1. So pretty! And congrats on your new little one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new little boy!!

    This is an incredibly cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Jakob!! :)
    This mani is so cute, I love the peach/purple combo and the glitter accent is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour is fantastic and YAYYYYYYYY your little man has arrived! Thank goodness Jakob decided to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the birth of your baby! :D
    I love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your little boy!!!!!! And this mani is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic mani and congrats on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for doing this twin post with me during such a special time in your life :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so cute, I love the combination of neons and the sparkliness of the Claire's top coat! Congrats on your little boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...