Monday, 3 February 2014

Curved French Tip With Glitter

Good Morning and happy Monday!

Welcome to February... Where the heck did January fly off too?

Did you watch the Superbowl? I did, but I don't even care! Moving along to more important matters, did you see this commercial? I've been fan girling over Tom Hiddleston (aka Loki) since I saw Thor for the first time last week. You guys feel me right? Now I just need to see all the other Avenger movies and I'll be totally in the loop (HA!).

For today's mani I did a copy cat of THIS look by Sonnela. Her blog is written in Finnish (according to Google Translate) but has a ton of flat out, hands down, amazing manicures! Go check her out! here is my best attempt at her look:

I used the following:
Revlon Nail Brightener
Nameless white striping polish
Picture Polish Ruby Blou

The pictures are pretty self-explanatory. All I did was 1 coat of Nail Brightener, free handed a curve with the white striping polish, topped with 2 more coats of brightener and traced with the glitter.

I haven't used Picture Polish Ruby Blou in a full manicure (as in an entire nail) yet, but its application here was flawless. Ruby Blou has a great glitter to base polish ratio that can be built up, but probably will work best as a layering polish. I can't wait to use it in a full nail manicure.

What do you think of the curved french vs regular french? 

Thanks for reading!

XOXO
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! Geesh, might be time to go do my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You totally should get your nails done! Do you do yours yourself? I like to make time for my-self at the end of the night, after dishes, tidying up, kids in bed, ect. I sit down do a mani (or 2). Its very relaxing!

      Delete
  2. I really like these! Very elegant and feminine.
    The Jaguar Good To Be Bad commercial was my favorite because of Tom Hiddleston, of course. I've been on that bandwagon for a good long time. Welcome aboard ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I know right!! And to think I almost missed Tom Hiddleston/Loki boat! I actually joke about how I give the Avengers franchise all our money, thanks to my older boys love from them (they've got EVERY-thing from toys, to underwear, to mugs, and clothing). But yet I never saw any of the movies... so basically I had no idea how much I love TH/Loki. Thank god that's been fixed ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh i really like this mani! Its simple and unique.
    My favorite commercial was the Budweiser puppy love commercial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the idea from Sonnelas blog, hers was done so elegantly. Check it out if you get the chance :).

      Cute! I loved the commercial too! I think it was my sisters favourite as well. The SB always has great commercials!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd love to see it, do you have a link/picture?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I still remember seeing the orginal image on pinterest and thinking the same thing! :)

      Delete
  6. I love these! I should try this curved French for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your try it! Its nice to change up a standard look just a lil bit, and still keep its classic look.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...