Thursday, 20 March 2014

#maniswap With Simply Stylish Nails

Hello Darlings!

Today I'm doing a Mani Swap with my cousin Genevieve, who is the talented nail artist that writes the blog Simply Stylish Nails. I first saw the mani swap hastag on Instagram and knew right away I wanted to to invite Gen to join me, I loved the idea and am so happy she's joining me on this swap. The idea is we each pick a mani form the others blog, re-create it & share it over social media, fun right!? :) We also decided to keep a little side of mystery to the swap, so the manicures we picked are a total surprise until we share our posts!

My selection was 1 of 2 looks I had been eyeing for a while. Here's the mani I decided to re-create, TRIANGLES!!!:
     nailcall                               simplystylishnails
For my interpretation of Genevieve's crazy stylish manicure I used the following:
Finger Paints Paper Mache
China Glaze For Audrey
OPI Pink Friday
Cult Nails Nevermore
Striping Tape (Provided for review from Born Pretty)

Click for details on Gen's mani: Simply Stylish Nails 


I used striping tape to make the triangles, and followed the pictorial in Gen's post to help with the placement. I struggled so hard with the tape! Its super thin, hard to hold, and the adhesive kept getting stuck to the backing of the layer beneath it. I'd like to think my persistence paid off in the end :)



We'll be posting our swapped looks on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using: #maniswap please come and  check it out!

You can find & follow Simply Stylish Nails in all these places:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

You can find me (nailcall) in all the same places:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest (just be prepared... I'm kinda on a Loki/Tom Hiddleston thing at the moment)

Have you ever done a #maniswap?

Thanks for stopping by!

Karen
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! You did such a amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you did the #maniswap with me! <3

      Delete
  2. great jobs guys my friends love looking at your nail designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hearing you say that honestly makes my day! Its good to know someone see my nails, and I'm not just posting & talking to myself! lol

      Delete
  3. Cute mani! I love the color combos and the design especially on the ring finger. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...