Monday, 31 March 2014

Sally Hansen Silver Sweep VS Essie No Place Like Chrome

Hello!

Today I'd like to share a quick comparison between Essie No Place Like Chrome and Sally Hansen Silver Sweep. There was some discussion in the Facebook group Adventures In Stamping about how the 2 shades measure up to each other. The formula of Silver Sweep has been changed (You can see my comp pic of old vs new HERE), people would like to find a decent stamping equivalent to the original formula Silver Sweep:

Bottles of Essie No Place Like Chrome and Sally Hansen Silver Sweep
Essie No Place Like Chrome vs Sally Hansen Silver Sweep

Below I stamped with both shades on my index and middle finger using Konad M57. I noticed no difference in the print transfer, however when adding top coat, Essie's image pulled a little bit. 

I also did a quick swatch of Essie and SH on my ring and pinky fingers. You see 2 coats on each. It might be hard to tell in the pictures, but the Essie is WAY more chrome then the SH. 

All nails are topped with Seche Vite.

Are they dupes? No not exactly, but its not worth owning both. I think you should buy Silver Sweep (old formulation) while you can because of cost difference. In Canada Sally Hansen cost $4-$6, and Essie $9-$12 depending on where you buy it.

I hope this helps some of you who wanted comparisons! 

Have a great day!

Karen
XOXO

8 comments:

  1. Great and very helpful comparison, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure look alike - and the mani ended up very nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really close, but Silver Sweep changed it formula, and I didn't get the new formula. But if anyone was looking for a dupe to the old style, Essie No Place Like Chrome will work... even though its more expensive.

      Delete
  3. They seem to look the same so I guess i will go for the cheaper one. I find these brands great so it does not bother if I get any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both brands are excellent, you really can't go wrong! I am a little abashed to admit I bought the SH just for comparison sake. If you plan on using the Sally Hansen for stamping, keep your eye out for the older formula!!

      Delete
  4. With BullionVault you may obtain physical gold and silver bars at current spot prices.

    Register a free account today and get 4 grams of free silver as a welcome bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...